Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: (THE MODEL DUMP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
This area to be reapropriated.
I have made what I think to be a very nice ship (Junkers Gun Boat).
I think it is completely done for shape.
Now I need to texture it and get all your opinions.
What do you think? This model took me less than one day!

[attachmentid=3374][attachmentid=3376]

P.S. Hay NEXUS, so how do you like this for what we were talking about...
How many people make ships these days :laugh::laugh::laugh:

it seems as soon as I got 3DS Max 9, every one starts designing ships!

Nice model BTW.
Quote:PM from 13CentKiller
Hi, What program do you use to create ships?
And where the hell do you get mesh for the body of the craft? Do you download different meshes?
Its wracking my brain!
Cheers

Well I use a tiny little free program off the internet called Anim8or
It make ok 3Ds. and I like using it.

I made the entire thing from scratch in my head and used this drawing for a general concept...
[attachmentid=3377] -USED NO EXISTING MESHES- [attachmentid=3378]
An it did not take that long, I though it was a more simple one..
Thanks!
Looks nice, i think it's make a good ??BorderWorld?? (Sabre-type) transport.

One thing I would say from a conceptual point of view. The 'rudders' and all the extra fins and bits sticking out, could probably just get rid of. They're a bit on the pointless side IMO. But otherwise I like it a lot.
its similar to the dromedrary - just looks bulkier. i like your concept drawing better ( the cockpit/bridge section) - the concept looks heavier armored and more resistant to occasional hits and collisions ( in case of a junker hanging out in debris fields, i guess occasional hits happen all the time )

anyway - it looks great, very freelancer like, and it fits well into existing/original FL ships. my first thought was :

smuggler freighter, heavily armoured - but with its streamline chassis it looks agile enough to cruise easily through dense asteroid fields.
Looks great. Very freelancer-ish. Blocky and bulky. I like that. I'd love to help with uv mapping and texturing but I'm quite busy at the moment.:(
Really nice models. Can i steal some of your concepts? ;)

A word of advise. It is absolutly necessary to split your quadrangular faces into triangle faces.
What kind of file types can you export out of your program?
Very nice, but I like the first model in the first post better than the second model you made.
the one on the right would fit very well as a borderworld transport (or possibly gunboat)

very nice:)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16