Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Earth 2350
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello folks,

As some of you may know, I've been working on a small novel over the past few months, working for a couple hard hours a week to produce science fiction in written form. I've been publishing chapters as I write them on my deviantART page, and I thought I'd get around to linking to it here.

So, a quick summary of the plot: There's this pair of freelancers, Ben McBride and Crystal Duval, who fly a ship called the El Dorado. It's a little freighter with a few... less-than-legal modifications (thermonuclear warheads, smuggling compartments, etc.). All is good in the world until suddenly, those damn aliens called the Vardii (who, by the way, Earth has been at war with for ten years as of 2350) decide to bomb the piss out of Second Earth and kill billions of innocent people, including our "hero" Ben's entire family. Needless to say, Ben is rather pissed. The book then starts, a few months later. Ben and Crystal begin doing shipping jobs and other boring and mundane crap out of the Second Earth Orbital facility. However, Ben has "Trent Syndrome" and these bloody Vardii like blowing stuff up that relates to him in every possible way. The plot thickens.

Currently, the story is at about 12,800 words (and rising; I'm writing chapter eight right now).

Here's the link to the whole thing available on deviantART: http://troymartin.deviantart.com/gallery/#Earth-2350

Any comments/feedback/constructive criticism is highly appreciated.

Cheers,
--Troy

PS: I think I had a thread for this a few months back, but it probably got purged in a mass delete.
The Prologue and first Chapter were a brilliant read, I did personally prefer the Prologue due to the combat aspect and It could relate some of the imagry portrated to Freelancer itself.

I will carry on reading the book when I can.

I refuse to visit DA at all anymore, due to frakking ave. Any chance you could send it over Skype, Troy?