Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: House councils
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After reading this amusing thread between Shagohead and Lotek and their fellows about the BS used by a member of KSP and the fact the community has grown in numbers, i had the idea of a House Council.

I don't know whats going on within the Zoner Council, but it sounds very democratic.

In this manner a House Council for each house should be founded to discuss and decide about such strange problems. Also the responsibility is up to the gamers and will make the admins work a bit easier.
Every lawful and full member (tag and id) of a house has the right to vote. Also every member has to bow to the decision or to leave. This is democracy.:wacko:

Because the lack of roleplay experience i will not go into detail about the configuration of the Council. This depends to the house factions.

This is just an idea to make things easier for the future and to handle this "Common Sense" a bit better.

basicly a good thing - but a house faction has many more voting members than a zoner council.

it needs someone to moderate it, and if the rules that are decided should take effect in the game, the posts must be made semi-rules, that is - sticking post and the community has to agree on the terms of the council.

if there is no consensus about all the decissions being rightfully legal, it will become nothing but a comedy.

zoners are a minor faction with little impact on the society as they claim no space, except for a few places. houses are major factions with a lot of impact on the society - major factions cause major decissions. i am not sure if decissions made will be widely accepted if not backed up by admins.

anyway - can t hurt to try it
So... A topic for the 4 house factions to come in and discuss... What? Who to allow to fly in in their systems? Who to control it? Ya, alright... I can answer that. (No, I didn't read the Shagohad thread as it was just yet another waste of time... So let's see how I can work this)

No individual player has access to run a system of any kind. It being fully tagged/IDed or not. The 4 house systems are controlled by the Player factions and the player factions alone. So, KNF in Kusari, RM in Rheinland, SA in Liberty, and SF in Bretonia... Some factions other then those 4 have access to control systems as well, but only because the main faction allied them or have them permission. (Example, SA is allied to LSF and has given them permission. So LSF can 'control' Liberty. Excluding New York ofcourse)

Now, there is a difference between 'Control' and 'Own'. In control, the Zone of Influence rules apply. Pretty much meaning you can do whatever the NPCs do... Scan cargo, kill pirates, and anything else within server rules. 'Own', is different. Own means you can pretty much do anything you wish. Attack anyone you would consider hostile, make up your own rules of protection, ect... But system owning factions only have that power in that ONE system. Example, SA owns Virgina so they can do it there, and has their ZoI in the rest of Liberty (Excluding NY).

All of this has been said many times before... There really should be a pinned topic somewhere by now. Think it's unfair? Well how about joining the faction...
See Jinx. This is what i meant with my lack of roleplay experience.

Council might be the wrong word. It should work as an arbitration committee, cause in this thread yesterday both parties were particulary right and particulary wrong.
After community is growing up in numbers, many faction and house rules will need to be overworked.
I have already had a word with LoTek, Shagohad and I will be having a word soon,

Jacob you better be ready for the full force of the Dog, you have upset me buddy...........

Cheers
i personally don't get it. isn't this one of the main parts of the whole forums? why do we need to make it just one thread?
Basically if you have something to discuss, you should take it to the leadership of the player faction in charge of the house.
the way i see it - angel wasn t really asking to expand the active zone of influence, but rather setup some sort of "all-players-parlament" to discuss player rules for players in a roleplaying way.

lets not concern outselves with stuff like - its not possible to do that anyway - but look at it from another point of view.

allthough its fun, it might be a bit too much realism for a game like that. goverments, election, laws. i do agree it is a nice base for a roleplay, it will most probably turn things more complicated in the end.
we are not sure how the zoner council will do. so far we made ONE decission, and everyone was exhausted after that one.

a thought about the amount of time it would take to "govern" a house. we discussed the status of a group of affiliates - and we are like not even a dozen voting members. it took over 3 pages of posts ( 40 posts/ page ) - imagine that for a faction like liberty - who wants to read through all of that. - and who actually has the time to do so.

again - the idea is good, but it would be easier - if the existing factions who allready have a hirachy made up decissions. - i DO agree with what the KNF did - i just disagree with how the matter developed. i think each house has what you d call a major faction ( correct me if i m wrong there )

rheinland has the RM
liberty has the LSF
bretonia has the ... umm.... do they have a major faction?
kusari has the KNF

i do agree, if everyone joined up there - we d HAVE the "councils" - with existing and efficient structures to enforce and decide. - now that coming from a zoner is a bit rich of course haha cause i m unlikely to join up there.
but think about it - if all the kusari players actualy joined up the KNF - it would become a real force with powerful tools to govern space well within the serverrules.
I agree, there are major factions, which claim the right to rule the house. Like KNF for Kusari and Queen Carinas Privateers for Bretonia (if they still exist) and some others. This helps to avoid anarchy and we should be thankful to people spending a lot of time to this. So they doing right, but it turns wrong very fast, if the rules and regulations will becoming the attitude of an dictatorship. This will make free minds feeling uncomfortable.

I repeat, after the number of roleplayers is growing up, some of them wants to play a lawful role within a house, but without beeing a member of the major faction. So it will happen, like in RL, the left hand of the government does not know, what the right hand is doing. This produces conflicts and at the end you have two parties prticulary right and wrong in their argumentation, flaming each other in threads. To avoid this an independent arbitration committee, one for each house, will make a decision based on compromises to lay down this conflict.

This committee can contain 3 or 5 members, respected from both sides. To pay attention and to follow their decision will show the RP abilities of the gamers.
' Wrote:rheinland has the RM
liberty has the LSF
bretonia has the ... umm.... do they have a major faction?
kusari has the KNF

Just wanted to point out quickly. SA has the ZoI of Liberty, not LSF. And the SF has Bretonia's ZoI, Not the QCP.

EDIT: I just re read everything in this topic... And I've come down to one final question. What do you really expect to get out of all this? For everyone to agree and have peace in Sirius? ...
Pages: 1 2