Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Slaver ID and lawful forces
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Per definition the Slaver ID is an unlawful one. Get caught by some lawful forces while carrying slaves... and you will be in trouble.
But what will happen if I move through house space with... let's say prisoners and 'war prisoners' or 'criminals'? (Pilots from various factions, which are on this ship for their commited crimes.)

Will lawfuls/unlawfuls tolerate Slaver ID'ed ships within their space when they aren't exactly fulfilling the slaver stereotype?
Depends on how meta they consider the ID itself. If its a transponder in their eyes, you're broadcasting that you're a slaver..or have been tagged by police as such in the past, and have a record, etc.

On the other hand, if its an OORP device, then they shouldn't know. But sketchy ships such as the Ptrain or the Sliner wouldn't help
Yes, that's the point I am thinking about. Will most of the other players treat the ID OORP-wise? And what to do against Lolwuts? 'Slaver!! Pew Pew!'

I do not intend to use a PTrain or a Slave Liner.
I've always found most people to give a break the first few times, especially if you can come up with documentation and a legitimate destination for the legal cargo...but after they've seen you moving slaves in the same ship, they tighten up on you.

So, my answer is both...Even if they ignore the ID, there's still the name of the ship, which does get remembered.
Well, technically, in RP, having Slaver / Smuggler ID shouldn't make you any different than Trader in eyes of law forces. Up till the point they actually catch you with something "funny" onboard. If you haven't been -seen- before with such cargo, any police and military should interact with you as with any other Trader, perhaps with a bit of suspicions, when you use "unlawfull-like" ships. If you haven't been caugh, ever, and anyone goes "Ooo slaver" on you, I would call it ooRP, nothing more, nothing less.

Simply told, when we stay in RP, when policeman checks ship IDentification, he sees "trader", no matter if you use Trader, Slaver or Smuggler ID.
Well, that sounds good. Thanks for your replies.