Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: wireless conection problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
as the title is saying, I have a weird problem with my internet

I got a 5mbps high-speed connection which is working perfectly ( I have called the company and everything was fine )

but mysteriously my wireless internet card and my other Ethernet cable card are only downloading at 130Kps and with a ping of 297ms on a New York server

normally the download speed should be over 2Mbps and the ping should be around a maximum of 50ms

so as I believe my problem is in my network setting on my pc or in the setting of my modem/router

but I think it's my network setting because i haven't changed any setting in my modem and it was working fine a few days ago

I also have some difficulty to connect myself wirelessly(and stay connected for a long period) to my modem but this is just a minor problem

Thx for any help you can give
More details/Specifics would help.

What brand is your wireless router?
Who is your ISP?
Did you use the Windows Wizard to setup your network?
What OS is on each computer?
OS: window XP pro Sp1 (can't have sp2) , only 1 PC on the network

ISP: Bell canada -> Sympatico ( DSL internet )

i didn't use window wizard to set up my network, it has been done when setting the modem/router
i just had to start a web page and follow the instructions given by the company
but i did a window wizard later after to try to solve some minor prob(see first post)

modem/router brand is 2WIRE model: 2701HG-G

my wireless card is using the following items:
-Client for microsoft networks
-File and printer sharing for microsoft networks
-QoS packet scheduler
-Internet protocol (TCP/IP)

the drivers files are(in system32):
\DRIVERS\FwRad16.bin
\DRIVERS\FwRad17.bin
\DRIVERS\TNET1130.sys
\TnetWColnst.dll

''enable network access control using IEEE 802.1X'' is activated
EAP type: Smart Card or other Certificate

Key format of WEP: Hexadecimal digits 104 bits (26 digits)

Window internet connection firewall is off (i have my own anti-virus,spyware,etc)

my wireless card is a Pheobe or Phoebe manufactured by texas instruments ( 802.11g )
I cant help with anything to Technical, but have you done a spyware, adware and virus scan?
doing a spyware scan right now

will do a virus scan later
' Wrote:doing a spyware scan right now

will do a virus scan later

I sympathise with this problem, experienced something similar, try several broadband testing sites.. Not just Speedtest.net

I was getting poor results on Speedtest.net at certain times but not on other broadband testing sites, sugesting a problem at their end.. Wish I could be of more help.
i tryied several website and the result are the same