Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: What should you do after you get a disconnect in RP interaction?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
To answer the topic title question my way:

With the worst scenario:
You can't get back into the game and/or don't remember the names of those who you had interaction with.
You can't pm them in-game.

Post a thread in Flood or somewhere (i think it should be in Flood).

Write down the details of the encounter, with your ship name included.
Offer a rematch with the same cargo/hull/b/b etc you had when the disconnect happened or compensation agreed by both parties if they were pirates (their demand in the encounter NOT after that).

The details can be handled in pms or in the thread you opened.

Post the screenshots of the fulfilled rematch or compensation sent and of everything you talked about with them after you contacted them again.

This way i believe you can't be sanctioned no matter what for F1ing.

If i missed something mention it bellow.
I wonder how you deal with it in case of power blackout, wide internet failure or similar conditions that generally prevent you from apologizing quickly enough, lets say day or two.
' Wrote:I wonder how you deal with it in case of power blackout, wide internet failure or similar conditions that generally prevent you from apologizing quickly enough, lets say day or two.

Get sanctioned.

Flail arms wildly as the Administrators do not listen to you.
Good question, probably pay a visit to an internet cafe to leave a message.
Your Topic is real good advise, but honestly, go to an internetcafe if you cant get your inetconnection up? its a just a game, in my eyes it is really too much to do for a game, or?
Well this answer is valid for me since a half hour in a net-cafe costs nearly nothing here. Also i have one not far.

About a half euro or less for many million credits and a stripped ship is not much. Not to mention if you're a member of an official faction then it's probably good if you're more responsible when it comes to actions.
You know it might not be the just the problem of the guy who F1'ed

The person who files a report because someone F1'ed can just relax back keep playing FL for an other day and check the forum if someone made a 'I'm sorry because....' post.

If there is no sign of an excuse you can still file the report.
' Wrote:Get sanctioned.

Flail arms wildly as the Administrators do not listen to you.

I'm aware of that issue. I think both sides believe that they were right there.
Still i think no one will sanction you if you will do everything you can to make up for the unfortunate disconnect.
But this thread was made to help those who are not aware of the actions one can do to avoid it,
to gather good ideas and consider every detail.

So no finger pointing etc. in the future.
Thank you.
' Wrote:Your Topic is real good advise, but honestly, go to an internetcafe if you cant get your inetconnection up? its a just a game, in my eyes it is really too much to do for a game, or?

Closest one would really be bit cost expensive to get to as its 2 cities away. Yes, such country exists. I live in it.
Pages: 1 2