Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Umm, hi?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I've been playing here for a while, and I decided to make an account, I mostly play as my indie trader around the Liberty Bretonia areas, and I've had some great RP experiences here. So I plan on staying for a while, and I look forward to seeing you all in space.

<div align="right]Signed,
Irwin
Hey dude.

I don't normally go around greeting new dudes, but I was bored so I decided I would click the link to this thread.

Hi.

read the rules.

Wait for Aerelm's wall of text.

Read the rules again (you're gonna need to).

PM an Angel if you still have any questions (I'm an angel so you can PM me to, or Bear, he leads the angels so he'd be good to, but generally any angel is willing to help.)

Don't post useless threads on Flood.

Join a faction because they help you out to, and help you learn some RP too.

Ask questions coz thats how you learn, and people here are more than willing to help (some of them anyway).

Yeah thats about it really.

Good luck.
Wellcome.
Basically, I would second what Marcus said.
And add... getting used to all the lore, rules, history and politics around here...
Can be frusrating at the start, but... keep it up, it will pay off.
Good luck,
Elvin
Welcome to disco
Welcome to the big furball we call Disco! Enjoy your stay!
Welcome and enjoy your stay here!
Welome aboard bud :D
A trader eh! Gateway Interstellar is always looking for experienced pilots. Look us up on the forums or send me a pm. ( shameless recruiting over :D)
Ye, welcome.

you no pain.
' Wrote:Wait for Aerelm's wall of text.
Yes, its taking him awfully long this time.

---------------------

Welcome to disco btw:cool:
Did someone say aerelm's <strike>+1 Routine</strike> Wall-o-text? >_>
Yea, Anyway. Welcome to Discovery!
If you like flying around and talking to random people, I suggest you make a Freelancer char in a Small ship, but if you enjoy Interacting with others on your Trader (Which could be a bit risky from time to time:P) As Lindy suggested you can Join a Trading Faction, which will help you find new friends and make trading less boring, cause Trade Factions usually trade in convoys. Other than that, consider moving out of Liberty and checking other places of Sirius as well. Borderworlds are always fun.;)

Also, Check these Links, They might come in Handy;
  • Complete Version of Server Rules
    - Reading and Understanding all these (Even though it might get a bit confusing in the beginning) is essential for Survival (!) on this Server!
  • Community & Forum Rules
    - Aside from this link, there are certain rules for each Sub-Forum as well. You can find those in pinned threads of each Sub-forum.
  • Technology Usage Chart
    - Want to make a New character with a Specific ID? First read the ID and its restriction carefully, then check this chart to see What Ships and Guns you can use with it.
  • Discovery Wiki
    - Need Information about any Faction, Ship, or Equipment? You'll find what you need here.
  • Server Commands
    - There are many useful Commands available on This server, which are really useful, You can find a complete list on the Wiki Page.
If you have any questions, or need help, You can always contact anyone from This List,
And when In Game, Look for those nice guys around with [The_Angel] Tag, They sure know how to help you out.
Also, you might like to spend some time reading our Role-Playing Hub And even decide to join in! Remember, Server Roleplay comes first, but then, there is Forum Roleplay, which can be really enjoyable if you are the 'Writer' type!

So, Don't be afraid to ask anything you need, and ... Enjoy Your stay!;)
Pages: 1 2