Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: FLAM issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so I have had to reinstall my OS. Once finished I needed to put in my Freelancer stuff. Now last time I formatted was before I joined Disco so I just can't remember how I got it installed and running before I joined the community so I used Cannon's turorials. I hit a snag.

After I installed FLAM and tried to run it so I can import my accounts I get this error right after the double click:

"Component 'ComDlg32.OCX' or one of it's dependancies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

Just a quick summary of details, I use Vista, UAC is off, Avira anitvirus, firewall is not blocking, I followed cannon's order of operations, I've tried getting FLAM from multiple sources with same error.
Thanks for the link but it didn't work, I got the message saying it got registered but FLAM still gives the same error. Also reinstalled my OS again and tried reinstalling the programs in every order possible still no luck.

Still trying, this isn't the way I figured it would end. Then again, it never is.
Put ComDlg32.OCX in your FAM folder.
It's probably some sort of run time file for the Programming language it was written in. (Probably VB6) which (Like .NET) requires certain files...

Put it in system32 folder and/or the same folder the exe is in.

That should do it..

Actually come to think of it... I think it is a VB6 runtime file or an ActiveX componenet.. Which means, even if you copy it into your PC there are gonna be more files needed.. probably...

Here's mine attached below... Don't worry its not harmful or anything... its just a component.. Grab it from the below attachment, and paste it in the C:\Windows\system32 folder.

Glad I could help,
If you need any more component files, just say so and i will gladly attach them..

Link to my Comdlg32.ocx: http://www.mediafire.com/file/kyjqvd2iwz0/Comdlg32.ocx
Vista?
It's a nice, clean OS, but it's also tricky.

You need to make sure you run everything related to Freelancer as an admin.
I can't say if that will fix your problem, but it should help you somewhere along the line.
' Wrote:Vista?
It's a nice, clean OS, but it's also tricky.

You need to make sure you run everything related to Freelancer as an admin.
I can't say if that will fix your problem, but it should help you somewhere along the line.
[Image: 4jnzao.jpg]
Thanks but same error. It's funny as it's all in there and saying it's registered and still FLAM gives the same error. I've reinstalled the FLAM after as well just to see and still the same.
New development!

Ok so just can't seem to get FLAM working on my PC so I began looking for a way to swap accounts manually. Now I learned that my bros PC runs FLAM without any issues so I used his PC to get an account ID and Signature and edited them into my registry. Voila! I got my characters! So now I am in the process of making a text doc with all the numbers needed to manually swap accounts through my registry.

I am curious if this will cause me server issue that will get me banned. I don't think so but does anyone know?