Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Pirating/demanding money
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Pirating, the server rules have nothing about it so I thought I'd ask.

1. Where can you demand money?

2. What limits are there?

The reason is because I was attacked by 3 people, they shot at me as I left Planet Crete and actived the cruise engines to get to a mission waypoint, for no reason :angry: . They then followed me and attacked me again before demanding 1 million credits each :huh:, I told them i didnt have that much and they destroyed me :nono: . I never returned their fire and concentrated on trying to complete the mission.

wolfpack is right we need limits and the rules about it on the server rules page
Honestly..

One can demand money ANYWHERE. However, the no-fire zone is in New York.

Seems to me some rules need to be made..

1) You should hail the character and state your intentions first before opening fire.

2) If you are gonna demand money, make it reasonable. $1 mil, even for a fighter/trader at level 20 might be problematic

3) if you want to play pirate.. fine.. open fire at your own risk.

That's one of the problems of flying through the border worlds.. you might piss off the wrong people ;)
What level are you?
What are the names of the attackers? (IF you dont want to post them here, send them to me via PM)
I'm currently at level 51, but most of that is my ship and the equipment i've got fitted
Well, Pirating as its so called is a fire first situation, After that you then Demand what you want.

" Give Me Credits "

" Drop your Cargo "

Now, you can plead with them and Bargen for Stuff, you can Run, Stuff like that, but more than 90% of the people I attack as a pirate, Lie and say there Dirt poor when there lvl 51 and up.

So its much easyer to just cough up the Creds, and leave in peace.

Now, if you give them what they want and still attack you then theres a probleme.

And one other thing, people need to know the Difference between a Terrorist, and a Pirate.

Pirate: wants Cargo or money, demands it and usually will leave you alone after he demands it.

Terrorist: Will demand stuf SOMETIMES, but will more than likely randomly kill everyone he comes across.
Angel,Dec 19 2005, 08:27 PM Wrote:Pirate: wants Cargo or money, demands it and usually will leave you alone after he demands it.

Terrorist: Will demand stuf SOMETIMES, but will more than likely randomly kill everyone he comes across.
[snapback]8002[/snapback]
A pretty good useful definition. I would hope that if characters are played consistently, everyone will learn who the noble pirates are and who are terrorists.
The guys who attacked you were probably those that posted the merc and pirate posts (both putting them in danger of retaliation from AW) and if they were in Omicron Gamma I will be going after them as there is no pirating allowed in AW territory.

BTW I think thew Pirate guy on the forums is Venom. But I could be wrong. But if it is Venom then I know why they are only attacking in IG and AW territory.
Dab,Dec 19 2005, 03:06 PM Wrote:BTW I think thew Pirate guy on the forums is Venom. But I could be wrong. But if it is Venom then I know why they are only attacking in IG and AW territory.
[snapback]8008[/snapback]

Dab.. when are you ever gonna get off that?

WHO FREAKIN CARES?! I don't!!!!!!!
Come on people. Dont start blaming each other.
Discussing about this is nonsense.
If he wants to create 134908356890346906+E5897907786394856 charaters, let him. As long as he doesnt violates the rules... :rtfm:

lets go back to topic. can we? :)
One way to check for money/cargo is to scan people. It brings up what they have on them (cargo, weapons, etc.) and I think how much money is in their nural net account.

When i'm pirateing, with NPCs I;
Blow them up, then tractor in what I want.
With PCs, I;
Scan them, Slide up to them, fire a warning shot, say "Give me X ammont of money!/Drop your cargo!", then if they drop it I take it and leave, if they don't comply I blow them to bits.

(That last part is hypothetical. I havn't actually pirated any PCs... yet.)
Pages: 1 2