Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hmm.. your thoughts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I ran into a..wierd situation earlier.

I was on my fighter, chasing a smuggler around new york. He was loaded up with slaves in a P-trans.
So anyhow, my fighter doesn't carry a CD. Cause I dont want to force pvp on anyone. Anyhow inevitably he escaped after flying around for a while alot of the time taunting my char.

I docked then on manhattan where my GB is parked, got it in it. Went to colorado.
Low and behold! there is the smuggler again. He continues taunting thinking I am still in my fighter and I eventually get past him in Kepler. He goes through to Shikoku and I attack him.

Now a transport against a gunboat is well... a gank of the highest order.
My idea was to get him out of bots then see if he would bribe me to get away cause its a bit 50/50 to try claim him in Shikoku.
anyhow. He tried to dock back to kepler to get away or escape whatever. I get the cloaking message >.>

So I screen all this stuff and head back to NY.
When I'm in colorado close to the NY gate he whispers me. This is the convo word for word quoted.

Him: Internet crashed
Him: I getting lag spikes
Me: very very convenient I must say
Him: You cant f1 in movie for docking
Him: you try
Me: Its a normal trick to use Ctrl + alt + Del
Me: I wasn't born yesterday
--I enter NY--
Him: I promise I didn't do that
Me: Funny there is no evidence to support you didn't
Him: I was docking and just stayed going through
Me: Funny though it happened "JUST" as you were going into it
Him: First time it has happened to me
Him: Ever
--- he mentioned me not giving engagement notice (after 6 pages or RP though and me saying time to dance) ---
me: and sorry. I don't believe your story. Have a look at agmen's signature on the forums. You dont need to give engagement notice
Him: Where I was ingame
Me: You just need to do RP beforehand and attacks need to be RP.
Him: If you want we can pickup where we left off
Me: I'm in NY already
Him: Well I try everything now
Him: Tell you I got DC
Me: Point?
Him: You no believe me
Him: I offer to pickup where we left off
Me: I aint reporting anything
Him: you say no
Him: thank you

So what do you think?
foul play or?

I don't report people unless the case is extreme. I left this one out cause to be frank this guy seems to know the rules and knows what the penalties are. 2 Mil worth of slaves is nothing compared to the kinds of sanction fines we see all the time.
I'm not asking for a "trial by forum" I'm asking if you:
A: Beilieve his story
B: Think something as petty as this deserves a sanction fine.
C: If you look at this guys "sanction fear" do you think our sanction fines are a bit hectic?

Your thoughts, I just want the communities take on this case.
EDIT: other reason I didn't report him was while his RP wasn't amazing he at least attempted RP, I'm more concerned about lolwuts than people who RP.
' Wrote:Him: Internet crashed

Was he lagging while you were fighting him?
If Yes the I believe what he is saying

If he wasnt lagging then I wont.
' Wrote:Now a transport against a gunboat is well... a gank of the highest order.

No it's not. Lots of transports can put up one hell of a fight to a Gunboat. Transports like the PTrans.

That said, he apologized and would let you take up where you left off. I don't see the issue.
' Wrote:Was he lagging while you were fighting him?
If Yes the I believe what he is saying

If he wasnt lagging then I wont.

Nope not really.. he also when he hit dock the gate opened instantly. If you lagging heavy it tends to take ages.

' Wrote:No it's not. Lots of transports can put up one hell of a fight to a Gunboat. Transports like the PTrans.

That said, he apologized and would let you take up where you left off. I don't see the issue.

<< /signed
I will and have been saying that the F1 should drop all cargo or blow up all ships regardless.

issue solved FOREVER AND FOR ALL TIME.
' Wrote:Him: Internet crashed
Me: very very convenient I must say
Him: You cant f1 in movie for docking
Him: you try
Me: Its a normal trick to use Ctrl + alt + Del
Me: I wasn't born yesterday
--I enter NY--
Him: I promise I didn't do that
Me: Funny there is no evidence to support you didn't
Him: I was docking and just stayed going through
Me: Funny though it happened "JUST" as you were going into it
Him: First time it has happened to me
Him: Ever
--- he mentioned me not giving engagement notice (after 6 pages or RP though and me saying time to dance) ---
me: and sorry. I don't believe your story. Have a look at agmen's signature on the forums. You dont need to give engagement notice
Him: Where I was ingame
Me: You just need to do RP beforehand and attacks need to be RP.
Him: If you want we can pickup where we left off
Me: I'm in NY already
Him: Well I try everything now
Him: Tell you I got DC
Me: Point?
Him: You no believe me
Him: I offer to pickup where we left off
Me: I aint reporting anything
Him: you say no
Him: thank you

There's no way to support whether you or him are right,

maybe, next time you see him, you should /pingtarget him. and see what his ping is.

I'm in South Africa on a crappy 384kb/s line.. And i know that lag can be a pain, some people in SA get absolutely HORRID lag... So i can totally understand his predicament...

I think you should just let it slide.. The penalties are a real pain in the arse, might even put him off the whole game.. Well, If you lost anything valuable then i would say yes, however if you didn't i'd say let him off on this one..
dang i didnt know this game could be played on a 384 kbps line

ive got a 5 mbps line which im upgrading to 10 mbps on the 28th of this month

strange thing is i still get lag even with a connection like this

its do damn random it confuses me

i gots a ping on the server of around 130 i think
' Wrote:dang i didnt know this game could be played on a 384 kbps line
I live in New Zealand and used to play on a 256K/128K line with a ping of 350.
' Wrote:There's no way to support whether you or him are right,

maybe, next time you see him, you should /pingtarget him. and see what his ping is.

I'm in South Africa on a crappy 384kb/s line.. And i know that lag can be a pain, some people in SA get absolutely HORRID lag... So i can totally understand his predicament...

I think you should just let it slide.. The penalties are a real pain in the arse, might even put him off the whole game.. Well, If you lost anything valuable then i would say yes, however if you didn't i'd say let him off on this one..

I also live in SA. 4 meg line. 200 - 300 ping. Nothing you can do about it thanks to the distance..not line speed.

this isn't really an arguement about letting it slide cause I did.. I'm not blackmailing anyone or threatening.

wanted people's thoughts about this case.. F1ing or no?
bad or no?
I have adsl line 10/1 mbit and usually I have ping about 60, but sometimes my connection to server breaks without reason.
It happened during interaction with other players few times. It happens one by one sometimes. And if there is 198/200 players on server, you can't login.
It is easy to report this and you have little chance to prove your innocence.
People change chars and when you are back, you don't know who they were.
I know, that in many cases people F1 to avoid RP consequences, but it is very difficult to judge.
If I see someone is going to cloak because of this, he acts stupid. I don't bother, if he doesn't want to play the game it is his choice, I go farther my way...
Pages: 1 2