Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Refire Rate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys! I've a little advanced question about weapon refire rates. I know that higher it is, faster the projectiles are fired. But how fast are them? I mean, what is the equation of projectiles fired/sec.?

Specifically for a weapon with refire rate of 3.00 and another with refire rate of 2.00, will the first one be fired 50% faster or 100% faster?

Thanks in advance! ^^
Afaik the value is for shots per second. Means 3.03 fires ca. 50 percent faster than 2.00

Hope i'm right and it will help.

AoM
1.00 = one shot a second
2.00 = two shots a second
3.00 = three shots per second

See a pattern?
Except, as far as I can tell, it isn't actually "per second." It's per some unit of time, but I'm quite sure it isn't exactly a second.
After using a bit of mathematic i think the base was the number of rounds per minute. Then divided with 60.
Off course the weapon balance had some influence.

For example: 500 rounds per minute are 8.333333.... per second, in game 8.33. 1000 rounds per second are 16.66666... per second, in game 16.67 for the chain guns.

Only the refire rate of 3.03 doesn't make sense in this way. 3.00 would be better.

AoM
Hey guys! Yes I think your math fits well the game mechanics, Angel of Mercy!

So 3.00 is 50% faster than 2.00... good! Understood now! Thanks a lot guys!:D
angel, care to explain what equation you used?

Quote:angel, care to explain what equation you used?

First: The periode of a second is to short and it is abstract to imagine the meaning of 8.33 rounds per second, but you can imagine the staccato fire of old maschine guns. The only other periode which is usable is the minute. I think the game developers had a brainstorming and made the refire rates in dependence to maschine guns and maschine cannons and the rounds they shoot in a minute, but for the game engine they had to use the values for a second, not a minute.

The refire rate is made by refire delay in the game engine. The Value 10 would mean a refire rate of 0.1, but depends on seconds. You fire one round the game engine is waiting 10 seconds and fires the next round. The same for refire rate 4.0 = refire delay of 0.25. One round game engine waits a quarter of a second and fires next round.
They either used the rounds/minute setup or possibly an inverse ratio of the time but anyway, here is equation from the numerical value that you see to seconds (or whatever the heck the unit of time is in the game engine)

Time(s) =1/numerical value

thats it...

Also note that if the weapon has an .3333 tacked on to its numerical value it means that every three seconds you fire an extra round