Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A little altercation I had a minute ago.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not sure if this is in the right section, but it seemed the best.

A few minutes ago I had an altercation with a liberty cruiser - he started shooting at me - (He did have reason to I suppose) I didn't fire a shot at him and began to run away. I was having fun RPing in that same system for a while afterwards, with numerous others, one other who was with me during the cruiser pew pew session.

then in the midst of our RP the Cruiser guy said that I should leave the system, in system chat. I responded, staying in character, not wanting to stop the RP(which seems hard to come by these days). He then started talking about the whole 4hrs thing in system chat, which I had to know already because it pops up every 5 seconds on the server. I then PMed him asking to keep in character. he then reproduced the rules, with a little to much assumption in my mind.

My question is this:
am I in the wrong? If I am, this means anyone who gets shot at by a player is required to leave the system for 4hrs.

I don't remember all the rules, but I just go by my sense of what would and what would not happen if the PR was not RP, but in-fact reality. This may sound "bad", but It has been flawless up to now. I just don't see that an escapee in Sirius would have to leave the system. I'd understand if my ship had blown up then obviously it would be weird if I started floating around in an identicle ship just moments afterwards.

If I am wrong fine me, or delete my ship if you must. there is a cruiser on that same account if there isn't enough on that character. (please don't toutch the Hacker gunship, I love the RP in that.)

I sincierly appologise to all involved if I am in the wrong.

Thanks,
BOB
Technically, you do have to leave. If you flee or die in a fight you should leave the system for 4 hours.

But the Liberty cruiser was a lolwut (MASSIVE SUSPRISE THERE HEY??) and should be ignored.

:)
Unless he got you down to half shields at the very least, he's got nothing on you.
Thanks for really quick responses.

I don't know if I got hit once. (Hard to hit a laggy eagle, who's evading, with cruiser turrets)
That was really bad advice there, telling him to ignore the Cruiser. That may cause him to get sanctioned. I would imagine if a Admin popped in here, they would say the same.

@ BOB, If you Rped with him, and combat broke out, and you ran (Can say I blame you), then it is fleeing.... It counts as a PVP death and you have to leave that particular system for 4 hours.

The manner in which it was presented to you wasn't the greatest, I admit.

EDIT: Hekatoncheir is correct I believe, an attack is when someone drains your shieleds by 50%
All the RP consisted of was my pleading him not to shoot me.
It wasn't so much combat as cat and mouse. (a really fat cat, and danger mouse) The cruiser gave up chase rather quickly as-well.

I would appreciate it if the captain of the cruiser would make a comment when he is available. If he even reads this.

You flew a ... what was it? Bactrian? Pirate transport? Something like that into Zone-21. I rather suspect that the behaviour of one of your companions left the guy at the wheel of the cruiser feeling somewhat peeved -- I didn't see the stuff that you're referring to on account of having logged out a few minutes later, so really couldn't say.

Either that or you went into Zone-21 a second time, I guess. The first time, my snubcraft pilot asked if he should pursue the fleeing ships; the fact that the cruiser captain said no would indicate to me that this may well be the case, since he didn't exactly seem out to get you.

*shrug*
I flew into zone 21 once. I was in an eagle with a freelancer ID. upon exit I met that series of rings which is a cruiser siege cannon

' Wrote:That was really bad advice there, telling him to ignore the Cruiser. That may cause him to get sanctioned. I would imagine if a Admin popped in here, they would say the same.
@ BOB, If you Rped with him, and combat broke out, and you ran (Can say I blame you), then it is fleeing.... It counts as a PVP death and you have to leave that particular system for 4 hours.

The manner in which it was presented to you wasn't the greatest, I admit.

EDIT: Hekatoncheir is correct I believe, an attack is when someone drains your shieleds by 50%

Err... you can RP all you want, combat only starts after an engagement which is the dropping of shields at 50% or lower. If they haven't gotten you to 50% or lower, they have not engaged you and thus pvp death does not apply.
Well, from what I have read so far, it appears that everyone thinks that PvP hasn't actually occured until one or the other persons involved in the pre-fight scenario has had their shield reduced to 50%.

In this case we have to go on BOB's word that his shield hasn't dropped to 50% or lower.

If his shield was still above the required 50% level, which is possible, then PvP had not started.

Therefore he had managed to evade the Cruiser and asking BOB to leave the system for 4 hours was just sour grapes on the Cruiser's part.
Pages: 1 2