Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Storage Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After reading Dream's questions about barges and Jinx's response that they are suppose to be ships used in role play not simply a storage depot I've wondered why that hasn't been put into this mod yet? Perhaps as a perk for official factions, but also purchasable by anyone if they have the right amount of credits?

What do I mean?

I was thinking something that was just a large rectangle with textures and some aesthetic stuff. Should be easy to hit box and all that. Then I thought why not use what Freelancer already gave us?

http://discoveryfl.com/wiki/images/c/c1/Mannheim.jpg

Imagine a vessel that is just a few rows of those depots. No weapons, no shields, maybe even no engines to prevent it from being used as a trade vessel? (Not sure if you can do that though).

Just a rough idea........didn't put much thought into it yet and no I can't model it myself...........to busy trying to learn other technical crap right now.
we discussed this already, someone told me it's doable.

If I remember right the Line Hackers had something like that called La Paz depot.
So I am sure that this is doable.But it will take time/mod update to implement it I guess.
From the faction View Barge is easy to be received- the admins need only to beam it to your account.