Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Expansion to Connecticut
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right so picture another Jumphole in Connecticut alone, this one leads to a system called Bridgeport or Connecticut II or something.

Upon jumping you see a variety of environmental areas. Rocks, badlands, radiation, clear space, etc.

The system is mirrored and divided by a 10k gap inbetween, meaning the stuff on the left of the divide is identical to the stuff on the right.

On the left we have the 'safe zone', this zone is full of random NPC patrols of a plain Hostile faction. Meaning killing them won't alter any of your reps. Perhaps make them Admin NPCs, doesn't matter really, as long as it doesn't alter your reps.

So we have a variety of interesting patrols here, all with no guns due to the fact they're in the safe zone, or with really weak guns that barely hurt a Starflea. Fighter patrols would be common, with a bomber on occasion and Capship patrols if you stick about long enough.

Now the 'danger zoner' is on the right. It is exactly the same as the safe zone except all the NPCs there have the guns they should. Hammerheads have BHG guns, caps have proper cap guns etc. You can die here.

Killing any of the NPCs in the system will not alter your rep due to them already being a seperate Hostile Faction (Similar to Neutral and Admin) and they never drop loot.

Sound like a good idea in theory?

Room for target practice and SNAC practice on Caps, aswell as Cap vs NPC Cap stuff. All good fun.
Could be done but I don't see any reason why, seriously.
You occupy slots and consuming server's CPU capacity for mere practice which can be done in single player.
You don't learn to pvp by shooting toasters. You learn by fighting against real players. You learn by getting your ass beat repeatedly by someone better than you.

Besides. Roleplay server.
I love the idea. I'd love to practice my SNAC'ing on NPC Caps:)
If you wanted more ooRP systems you should have just asked for a Guard system.
And whats the point of single player then? Just go to hostile system and blow everything you find...
I don't know much about stuff like this, but couldn't this add to server lag or something?
The NPC spawns would.

But then again they spawn everywhere anyway.
So whats the point of this? To train against NPC's?

You can't get better by training with NPC's.
This won't be happening.