Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To all modelers and modders.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm not an admin and i'm not Igiss, so i just can speak for myself.

I beg all modelers and modders to hold back their developed models, systems, equipment and commodities, except those are extremely needed. We got al lot of new things, especially models. There is so many that needs tested, balanced and unbugged. If we continue to submit everything, we will not come to an end with Beta testing.
The common intention should be, to get 4.84 bugfree and a final release. The Roleplay server deservs it.
After we got a final 4.84 many new things might be possible and many new ways.
So please hold your stuff back.

I know it is hard to do so, especially for myself. I'm unemployed at the moment and been spending all my time into modelling and believe me, i have some finished or nearly finished models in reserve.

Regards to all for their great work on Disco.

AoM

I've got a question about it: What exactly is needed? What is not needed yet?

I still think we submitted already all that 4.84 needs (house/big-faction bombers, Corsair Cruiser and so on), though.

But we still can wonder what is still needed. I mean, if you beg the modelers and modders not to submit stuff that isn't needed we can put up a list what is needed and what not. Any opinions?
First of all, i beg you. I do not giving the order.
Second, i speak for myself. If Igiss hasn't a problem, everyone may continue with submitting.

You are right. All modelers and modders have done a hell of a job, even yourself with your Civ Bomber.:P
Discovery is becoming more and more unique with all these custom developments.

For now it is more important to get 4.84 bugfree and balanced, than to implement new things.

Extremely needed is already implemented, but buggy stuff. Means models with skin and geometric issues and bugged systems for instance.

AoM

I know you were begging, I just asked what is needed and what not. But yeah, it's up to Igiss whether he accepts any submissions for 4.84 anymore, there's still 4.85.

I fully agree with you, we need to make it bug-free. So how about we agree on set beta-testing times? You know, testing alone is boring IMO.:P

OFF TOPIC: Thanks for the comment with the Civ bomber, you also did a great job with your ships.;)
The Civ bomber has been finalized and submitted, just for the curious ones.
Gotta say, man, considering you've made how many models since you got here, you've kinda been monopolizing the business... no disrespect, but come on, give the rest of us a chance, too.
The texturing for the Corsair Dread, the Outcast Dread, and the clean up/ texturing of the new Spyglass is still in order for me. Slow but steady work...

A list would be good... but I think additional transports and RP based ships would not be a problem. The excess number of military ships is what starts to seem a bit absurd.

I don't know... there are not many SVHFs, there was an idea a while back about implementing "interceptor" type LFs, and how many Frigates are there?

Well now I'm going to start working on my job (not FL job, the one that pays me money...).

Mohr
Right now there are about 30 new ships ready for 4.84 (counting the 1st and 2nd beta), most of them custom ships that were submitted.

That's enough, and I truly won't have time to accept any more submissions for current mod version. Angel of Mercy is absolutely right about this. Halt your submissions until the next release.

As for the list of needed ships, I'll try to work on one, but, again, only after 4.84 is released. Or earlier if it's needed urgently, but I can't see a reason why.
Are the new order ships going to make it in time?
As for the Ship list, let others make it, I can volunteer for this job. I was already thinking about making a weapon list when 4.84 is released, so I can take that, too.
I would suggest, humbly, as someone who is not a modder, and has no Idea how much effort is involved...that what is needed is new guns, new commodities...
we have plenty of ships.
lets get some variety for what to put on our ships. please?
Pages: 1 2 3