Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Light fighter = Needs Stuff Or Buff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Exceptions are not the rule, IIRC.
Just because one or two people can use a gun/ship well, does not mean that it is fine.
' Wrote:Just because one or two people can use a gun/ship well, does not mean that it is fine.
That goes both ways, you know. Just because some people can't fly a ship, doesn't mean it's broken.

I'm not even a good Light Fighter pilot. Not compared with some of the LF pilots out there. Like the ones that solo 4 bombers at once.
' Wrote:You fly *your* LFs like VHFs, Jake >_>
Quiet, you! I like entertaining the notion that I'm remotely competent after two years.:(

Really, though, I know it doesn't work, I just fall into that out of reflex. Which is very similar to the problem some other LF pilots have; even if they know better, they do it out of habit.
' Wrote:That goes both ways, you know. Just because some people can't fly a ship, doesn't mean it's broken.

I'm not even a good Light Fighter pilot. Not compared with some of the LF pilots out there. Like the ones that solo 4 bombers at once.

You mean the ones that spend more time playing than Yoda did?

I will never be a good LF pilot. Because I don't have 3+ hours to spend on single fights. There is literally ONE way to win in 1v1 in a light fighter (besides the Thor), and that way takes too long to be worth it to me.

And THAT is the issue I have with LFs.
LFs are used to make your opponent ragequit from the sheer amount of time you are taking to kill them or the sheer amount of time they are taking to kill you.
' Wrote:You mean the ones that spend more time playing than Yoda did?
Actually, the guy I'm thinking of has probably played this game less than me.

Quality, not quantity.
' Wrote:The damage ratio done by a LF is fine, maybe there is something else wrong?

Nah, it's just that LFs are a hard ship class to master. They require perfect flying for extended periods of time, because one mistake leads to your instant death-by-mine/razor

But I'd rather keep LFs with a steeper learning curve. A single Liberator with x4 Magmahammers is scarier than all the Capital Ships in Liberty.
Buff powercores?
' Wrote:Slow guns are powerful and energy hungry, if you miss, you wasted 10% of your core without any need.

I find high power guns to be far more energy efficent than low power guns like 8.33s, especially on a Light Fighter. With 8.33s there's a lot of spray and pray. With 4 Magmahammers there's not much need for Debbies with the firepower they got, especially if you turn sharp and pound them while they're trying to come around to face you again.
Plus the fact that Magma Hammers are plasma weapons that eat away graviton shields, which the majority of ships out there use.
You just need to have reasonably good aim and a good internet connection (low ping) to use them efficiently.
Pages: 1 2 3 4