Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: @Fro Errant and all other tech requesters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Faction leader of the Colonial Remnant here.

Anywho, Fro, your thread with the tech request has been addressed.

I am sorry, you seem like a nice enough guy, but we don't have enough in-RP reasons to grant you the requested tech.

Being the new leader of the faction, having a new government in OORP and inRP, I have introduced new policies, one of them being more careful distribution of tech.

The in-RP reasons have been approximately addressed in your tech request thread.

If you have any more questions, the forums, my PM box and my Skype are open.

Anyways, this mostly goes for everyone.
While it's possible that tech will be distributed, you need a good in-RP request with a solid reason why it'd be in-RP useful to the Colonial Republic to give stuff to you.

And by useful not meaning just money.
That's high tech military surplus, guys.

Sorry.
Do we get second chances?
Yes. Of course.

We judge RP decisions by chars, not actual people. I don't care what your name is and whether we're friends or not.

Offer enough RP reasoning with a character (and actually do what you promise to do, otherwise we can just revoke our permission because your char took us for a ride) and you've got it.
Don't do it with the same character though, unless you can make up a hell of a story about how you somehow aren't going to do what you said you'd do after all and would do something that suited us.

I don't think that it's humanly possible to spin all that so it's probably smarter to think of a new char to use a Nyx and make it plausible to us in-RP why you should get what you want.

I mean, you can give it a shot if you think you can do it either way.

I will respond in-RP fully and with in-RP reasons. Let's see what you have.
Make your technology requests easier to fill, maybe, give them form, like in Corsair Empire, Bretonia, Liberty or IMG technology disposal threads. They're really cool and make proceeding requests faster. Some people aren't good at writing stories, but they'd be good at filling out forms?:P
And finding requests'd be easier if you need to find one.
Well the whole idea of it all from my own standpoint is that we as a faction of the type we are cannot merely issue tech out just like that. Although we have mini-house ambitions, we're not in the same type of faction as a whole collective such as Liberty, Bretonia or the Corsair Empire are.

We're not that rich, and we don't have that many production facilities to justify handing things out left and right.

Also, out of both RP and OORP reasons, I find myself not wanting to allow tech usage because someone pays us money. That doesn't guarantee that A) We would in-RP be satisfied with what they do with the tech and B) They as a player actually will RP and contribute to the server, thus justifying the fact that they have something the majority does not

It's not that hard. People just need to make a coherent post asking for what they want and providing in-RP reasons that'd convince us to accept their request.
Be creative as much as you wish.

Although, yes, at some point making a dedicated THREAD where people would post their requests in whatever format they wish suits us and we understand that it'd make matters easier both for tech requesters and ourselves.

I'll try and get to it tomorrow. If I forget about it, please, honestly, remind me, and I'll do it right away.
Man, you're talking like you have to accept every request. >.>
Put some restrictions, make people to supply Colonial Republic, work for you, make them using their own brains how to get hands on set of Vampires or GB. Maybe that'll even cause them Rping.
That's why I said they could be as creative as they wish.

However, I don't wanna encourage doling stuff out left and right, because having constants on what makes us accept requests would mean that people would more or less just copy paste their RP.

That I don't want to and won't encourage. Anyways, if people don't like that, they always have the alternative of going to the IMG with the same requests because at the moment the IMG and ourselves both issue out ships and equipment, all the same stuff.

Just on different terms.
IMG can't issue Nyxes, Hydras or Pythos. At least I heard that.
Unless something has eluded me, you have heard wrong.

I heard that as well.
Pages: 1 2