Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Post report or don't post report... that's the Question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings.

Well, let's make this short...
I'm pirating in my Hessian Pilgrim Liner since some time, and until now i have had dozens(well probably less) of encounters with Traders that were
-1st hardly able to understand me when i was asking them stuff about them and their load, responding only with questionmarks or "i just trade"'s in systemchat and
-2nd did F1 when they finally got it that i was about to pirate them.

Since those encounterings seem to happen nearly daily to me i'm now considering - what to do about them?

- Do nothing?
- Write a Sanction report about them, for hardly being able to speak english and for F1ing in space?
- Kill them when they F1 and let it be as kind of self-justice?
- Do both, killing them and write a Sanction report after?

Am i open for a sanction if i kill them after they F1ed but before i was able to make a demand?

I somehow got a problem with reporting them because that would probably not change a thing exept making a Trader unhappy, since i assume most of them don't even got a Forum account, and even if some can hardly speak english...
In addition that means more work for the Admins.

So what to do about them?
Opinions?

-
Talesin

(P.S. Should i add a Poll?)
Don't bother giving them a chance to figure out that you're about to pirate them. Make your demand. If they don't get it, that's their fault. Then blow them up while they're typing ?????? in system chat or F1'ing.
I think they must be reported and banned. This is PR realm and the language is English. If they cannot speak English, they cannot RP. So they have nothing to do here. Life is cruel.

About killing them. Do if you can sell the cargo somewhere. If not, still do, cos then they might just quit themselves.

PS.
I think admins would not mind a bit more work.
From your description they ruin your role play. This is inconsiderate of them. When this happens to me I usually just kill them, if I catch them repeatedly then I might look at a sanction.
i kill them, take their cargo, and sell it. anyone who thinks he can survive near a bomber, ptrans and several fighters for a minute of sitting still deserves to start his run all over again.

concerning the report, at your discretion.
Yup F1 gives you nice sweet 1-minute chance to show them that F1ing will not help them :nono:
I'd say it's your duty to report them, but since that's such a hassle perhaps reporting only repeated offenders will do.
Quote:Don't bother giving them a chance to figure out that you're about to pirate them. Make your demand. If they don't get it, that's their fault. Then blow them up while they're typing ?????? in system chat or F1'ing.

Please don't do this. Too many players 'give up' on those that they role play with (or attempt to). You become jaded, you miss out on opportunities. Keep conversing with them. If they refuse to role play and F1, I'd probably report them. I really hate writing reports.
If you feel harmed post a raport. If you don't - do not do that.
' Wrote:Please don't do this. Too many players 'give up' on those that they role play with (or attempt to). You become jaded, you miss out on opportunities. Keep conversing with them. If they refuse to role play and F1, I'd probably report them. I really hate writing reports.
What I mean is, if they're sitting there going "I just trade" or "???" in system chat, clearly they've had a chance to respond. Pewpew them. Don't sit there for 5 minutes waiting for them to go "OMFG NO PIRATE ME" F1'ski. I'm not saying to instapew them as soon as you make your demand.