Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To Liberty lawful types
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Right. Since so many of you Q_Q'd endlessly about mercenaries, yet completely neglected to tell us which mercs were shooting you, we've made it incredibly easy for you.

Here is a very simple to use reporting facility, which allows you to tell us (the official [LN]/=LSF=/LPI- factions) which of these oh-so-terrible mercs is killing you.

If you get shot at by a merc, then take some screenshots, and then post them in it, and we'll create a blacklist in another trhead based off what you send us, FR5ing every merc that attacks a liberty lawful target.

We thought that since you Q_Q'd without telling us anything at all about who was upsetting you, we'd better make it real simple and easy for you. Simple and easy is good, right?

Here's the link.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=74296

Yeah I reckon that might be a bit useful.
The only reason we did it is because nobody actually took the initiative to tell us who is causing the problem. Despite the fact we already have a criminal activity reporting facility, and a known criminals database... Apparently that's just not good enough.
It's a Disco rule: It's easier to Q_Q than to respond with proper RP.

It's just sad that it needed to spelled out like this.
Well it's because people enjoy to complain for the sake of complaining. To smokescreen what is in actuality just a person who has trouble accepting a defeat in a spaceship game because they value their e-reputation too much which is usually combined with an egoistical and self-centered personality.

In other words they are Fundamentally Alternative Gaming Strategy.

Regardless, this might prove to work in the end for those that feel to take revenge because they died, not because they want to uphold the spirit of Role-Play. That will be the only motivation to drive them to report this to your facility. Well... I would at least assume this based on the majority of the people who are known to complain at every trivial matter.

(smoke)
While I salute the Liberty Navy doing its bit to actually stem to the flow, though maybe not with the most stirring punctuality, the current state of the bounty system leaves the efficacy of punishing characters into which, by and large, zero investment is laid and whom can be replaced with the same ease that they were created in question.

In other words if I can create a ship, slap a merc ID on it and go to town there's not going to be much issue with me doing the same again as soon as I'm targeted.

Food for thought.
The thing is that the majority of those that are connected and registered to one or more bounty boards, which operate under an unlawful banner and within the house of Liberty - usually have their reputation sorted and if not, they restrain themselves to dock on bases they aren't supposed to dock at.

And if it really means so much for the lawful parties that the enemy should be shot at by a station or a small wing of rank-three Liberators should open fire if they intercepted an ongoing fight between a Mercenary and a Liberty Navy Pilot - well then they will most likely CD themselves to hostile.

People are making a big hyperbole of this apparent Mercenary problem if the problem is basically about Mercenaries abusing NPC-diplomacy. Since most would be easily tracked down and sanctioned if they were found to abuse it simply because they are dependent on the bounty boards in the forums which means they are forced to reveal their identity in one way or another.

But this ain't the problem. The problem is that there are too many Mercenaries according to the eyes of certain individuals, and they are killing these certain individuals too many times. Well sorry to say that a Faction Right Five nor complaining in the forums will fix any of that. What will is to start organizing, forming tactics and practicing combat. But of course, that takes work and that is naturally something they won't do.

But hey, at least you will manage to tone down the complaints Joe, always a good thing.

For the record, I do not own a Mercenary (at least not anymore). In case you thought I was defending them or something.
<strike>It's all Kaze and Ench</strike>

This will be cool to use. If only i had a lawfull char.

' Wrote:The only reason we did it is because nobody actually took the initiative to tell us who is causing the problem. Despite the fact we already have a criminal activity reporting facility, and a known criminals database... Apparently that's just not good enough.

I actually posted several Screens in Liberty message dump to no avail,so gave up.Easier to just blow em to hell on site.

' Wrote:While I salute the Liberty Navy doing its bit to actually stem to the flow, though maybe not with the most stirring punctuality, the current state of the bounty system leaves the efficacy of punishing characters into which, by and large, zero investment is laid and whom can be replaced with the same ease that they were created.

In other words if I can create a ship, slap a merc ID on it and go to town there's not going to be much issue with me doing the same again as soon as I'm targeted.

Food for thought.

/signed. I have seen a few who have done this already,and i will continue to blow up there new ship's,and now with this new link, we will see if anything happens to those reported.
' Wrote:/signed. I have seen a few who have done this already,and i will continue to blow up there new ship's,and now with this new link, we will see if anything happens to those reported.

Yes. They're going to get FR5'd and then hunted activity by the [LN]. Possibly bountied as well, depending on funding.

You posted your screenshots in the wrong place, or alternatively about a situation we already knew of.

Furthermore, I deliberately held back the decision to do this. Not because I didn't believe it would work, or because I disagreed with the principle. Infact it was my idea. Infact I wanted to wait and see if the whinging puppies finally opened their eyes and used the reporting facility which was already in place (ten points if you can find it).

Here's a little secret. Before the "merc problem" there was the "liberty lolcap problem". People got really annoyed with all the caps behaving in stupid ways, and barging in on fighter brawls, or talking rubbish, and having stupid FULLCAPS names and generally being annoying.

Those people who got annoyed decided to do something about it, and they put large and high paying bounties on those ships in the full knowlege that when a ship can't fly for four hours, it can't annoy anyone for four hours.

This 'solved' the "liberly lolcap problem". It also created the situation we have now. Which has been dubbed "the merc problem".

It will be responded to by greater cap-spam, which will stay in place once the people putting bounties out have run out of money. People will start to complain about stupid caps again and forget the merc issue.

So here we have an endless cycle of stupid. It starts with people wanting to be the most powerful person around by flying a big ship because it makes them feel important and lets them kill stuff more easily, and it ends there as well. The root of it is the players. The merc-swarm is no better or worse than the cap-swarm. Both cause endless Q_Q and both annoy the hell out of me personally.

Basically. Half the people who have complained about this "merc problem"... It's actually your fault in the first place.

LNS-FULLCAPS indeed.

I love you guys.
Pages: 1 2