Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Fletcher wants to be a Mercenary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, I'm going to start trying to be a lovable and care free Mercenary. I hear a lot of stick for them, and I want to see why. Problem is, as a first time Merc, there is a LOT of paperwork I have to even sift through to even attempt to fly as one...

I'm going to try to set-up a civilian gun and mini razor Eagle if I can, that ship is very reliable; but I'm shooting myself in the foot over the Civilian weapons. I know that much; I just want to have some freedom in where I can take my contracts.

But that's the main problem, there are so many contracts its very annoying to sift through them all on the fly. Blanket bounties are... fair enough; its just the individual ones are awkward at times. I.e, little information and what not.

Is there a Mercenaries Guide to Sirius out there? As in, teaching newbies like me to the sport in how to get into it? Starting off is always the worst, alleviating that would be very welcome.

I'm considering joining a faction group, but I want to test the water on my own for now; more freedom.

Keep an eye out for a new newbie Merc! ;)
Fill it with Debs and just use the Razor?
Nah, I've never been too fond of relying on just one weapon, while I'll use Debs, I won't just use them in conjunction with a Mini Razor. The chance of me failing is just too high until I get reacquainted with PvP.
There's only a lot of paperwork if you make it for yourself. Even with the new system, really, you just have to go through and find a few blanket bounties you like, then whenever you bag one, just search the name and faction on the Bounty Board. Sometimes, you'll get more than the blanket bounty originally stated because of extra bounties, where other times, oh well.

But over I suggest you sign up for MercNet. It's a good place to start out. Lots of transport bounties for you to get into the swing of things again. But, with a Razor-Eagle you might not do well against Transports. Honestly, I'd suggest a CD. Really. Nothing is more annoying than ALMOST getting someone. Best to have a way to catch that someone. And, really, with a CD, mines work just as well as a razor.
True I guess, I just got to try and figure out the balance of firepower and reliability. As you said a CD will increase chances of the kill, but I'd need more firepower in-case of larger craft.

I may use the nukes and CD trick, it'll just sap a lot of my funds.:(
Hehe, I had a mercenary once:)
If you want to aim on being a good roleplayer & all around nice guy I suggest using starbeam laser.
Very good all around weapon with decent damage, it also helps you out in those tight spots (you know what I'm talking about).
I really do hope you mean Flashpoints my boy:lol:
' Wrote:I really do hope you mean Flashpoints my boy:lol:

Flashpoints? Dude it's Starbeam all the way.
Request some "Justice" from Liberty. While their stock is limited and technology of those fine laser guns is classified, they might sell you some.
Or you'll work very hard to get them. Like... 250 M free bounties?
Adding onto what elven has said, you should make sure that you get the Justice mk 1's. They are a tried and tested weapon in the Liberty fleet.

Try to RP your way to those sweet babies.. Then, pwnage shall be had.
Pages: 1 2