Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: On Upgrading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've heard it alluded to, but never explicitly stated (as far as I can recall, which admittedly means little) that when Disco is upgraded to a new version everyone starts from scratch. Is this true? If it is, seems like it'd be a nasty interruption in RP, unless we call it a massive Nomad invasion that destroyed all the ships or something. I dunno, just wondering.
i think i read that there will NOT be a playerwipe - so no restart from the scratch - as it appears.
All chars will remain same, just new ships, ships stats and other stuff will be implemented into game:D
oh - one thing we have to pay attention to was equipment - especially on capital ships and liners. i think those and armed transports and the behemoth are being changed, so to be on the safe side, unequip everything and reequip it.
no risk of player wipe but I'm wondering what will happen with the commodities list (displaying best buy/sell place) because the price have been changed. And what will happen with the map since some systems have been updated.
What you will need to do is check the list of things that have changed and make sure your ships conform to those changes. If they dont your playerfile will be corrupt for that character and it will not work and may crash the server. But no, there will not be a player wipe.
Awesome! Hurrah, that makes me a happy camper. Thanks!

So, we need to make sure our ships conform to the changes _before_ the server update takes place, correct? Or can we just look at the stats in-game after the update and conform then?
: Could happen, but its very rare. Igiss & the admins will only consider if the player DB is hopelessly corrupted by the new mod, and after exhausting all other possibilities. And everyone is given plenty of notice, with possibly large startup money afterwards.

I've been thru 2 player wipes in my time.... and its not that bad. Good to start with a clean slate every now and then, everyone back in the Noobflyer.
i dont know..to some extent i would enjoy remaking my ships...call me weird if you like...
you re weird... ( sorry just had to do that )
Pages: 1 2