Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello people,

It's not really today that I joined the server, it was 3 or 4 days ago. But it was today that my account got appoved, so I dicided to make my first post here. Some of you may yet have seen may character, Kalil, flying around Liberty or Bretonia.

Well, I have to say that I'm not used to online gameplay, but after continuously reading in the forum and in the wiki, I undestood how seriously RP is taken here, and how you must behave not to spoil anyone's experience. I'm eager to get experience, knowledge and credits:yahoo:, to have a good moment here as well.

Thanks for the great mod and server!
Welcome to Discovery!
And yea, I've seen you around once or twice, no interactions though. And I have to say, you might be new, but You've already discovered one of the main points of Online Gameplay (Playing in a way that wont spoil anyone else's experience), Kudos to you for that;)Also, as you said you're eager to earn credits, You can check Dusty's Beginner Trading Guide as a start:P(Although if you don't have a Ship with decent cargo hold, Mining Helium in the Nebula behind Planet Erie is a good way to start)

Also, Check these Links, They might come in Handy;
  • Complete Version of Server Rules
    - Reading and Understanding all these (Even though it might get a bit confusing in the beginning) is essential for Survival (!) on this Server!
  • Community & Forum Rules
    - Aside from this link, there are certain rules for each Sub-Forum as well. You can find those in pinned threads of each Sub-forum.
  • Technology Usage Chart
    - Want to make a New character with a Specific ID? First read the ID and its restriction carefully, then check this chart to see What Ships and Guns you can use with it.
  • Discovery Wiki
    - Need Information about any Faction, Ship, or Equipment? You'll find what you need here.
  • Server Commands
    - There are many useful Commands available on This server, which are really useful, You can find a complete list on the Wiki Page.
If you have any questions, or need help, You can always contact anyone from This List,
And when In Game, Look for those nice guys around with [The_Angel] Tag, They sure know how to help you out.
Also, you might like to spend some time reading our Role-Playing Hub And even decide to join in! Remember, Server Roleplay comes first, but then, there is Forum Roleplay, which can be really enjoyable if you are the 'Writer' type!

So, Don't be afraid to ask anything you need, and ... Enjoy Your stay!;)
Welcome to the community! Just to add to the helpful list already provided by Aerelm:

If you have TeamSpeak, Kindred runs a server especially for those that play on this mod:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?...28500&st=0

Also, if you have Skype which most folk around here use, there is a Disco Help channel which the details are entailed here:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36647

Good luck out there!