Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: It's a totally new just-out-of-the-packet guy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah, my 'tag' Is Botznoy, been meandering around the forums soaking in the community and all that before actually playing, haha. Kind of scared too get in and start playing, but i'll be on sometime later.. next few days (after i finish thinking up my persona)

I'm from New Zealand (represent)

Not much else to say, 'cept see you guys(and girls) out there hopefully
Hi Kiwi! D:
There are a lot of ways to get integrated into the Disco server, all of them better than my humble and unintelligent beginnings. Fear not, I promise that you can't be as bad as I was.

I might try a faction if I were you. It can be infinitely easier when you have understanding friends helping you learn. To those ends, may I suggest the Rogues?
Welcome to Discovery!
First thing you should know is that being from NZ means you're gonna have some nice lags that you'd better get used to! But that doesn't mean it won't let you enjoy the game... Will just take you a tad longer to actually figure out how to pew pew despite the lags! And also, Go on server to enjoy your time, not to be bothered with a bunch of Rules, Don't be afraid to play only because you might not know something... Just start playin and you'll learn all you need soon enough:P

Also, Check these Links, They might come in Handy;
  • Complete Version of Server Rules
    - Reading and Understanding all these (Even though it might get a bit confusing in the beginning) is essential for Survival (!) on this Server!
  • Community & Forum Rules
    - Aside from this link, there are certain rules for each Sub-Forum as well. You can find those in pinned threads of each Sub-forum.
  • Technology Usage Chart
    - Want to make a New character with a Specific ID? First read the ID and its restriction carefully, then check this chart to see What Ships and Guns you can use with it.
  • Discovery Wiki
    - Need Information about any Faction, Ship, or Equipment? You'll find what you need here.
  • Server Commands
    - There are many useful Commands available on This server, which are really useful, You can find a complete list on the Wiki Page.
If you have any questions, or need help, You can always contact anyone from This List,
And when In Game, Look for those nice guys around with [The_Angel] Tag, They sure know how to help you out.
Also, you might like to spend some time reading our Role-Playing Hub And even decide to join in! Remember, Server Roleplay comes first, but then, there is Forum Roleplay, which can be really enjoyable if you are the 'Writer' type!

So, Don't be afraid to ask anything you need, and ... Enjoy Your stay!;)
Ah, didn't manage to come in before the wall of text again D:

Welcome
welcome to disco-very

have fun, and some more fun!:)
Thanks for the welcome, i have *some* idea of what to do, but still so so lost.

Gonna be up and.. hmm i wonder if i have a mic for TS..

I DO!!
:D

i'll be playing today
Welcome, aerelm has it completely right:)

A lot of the rules are common sense so don't be too scared.

I know due to the account I'm on this looks like a shameless advert, but in truth I don't want to log out and back in... and I'm shamelessly advertising.

All the best
-CL