Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Help with choosing ship.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, what ship would you suggest if you wanted to RP independent trader that is supplying unlawfuls. With food, guns, fuel, whatever they need. I was thinking bout making it freighter.. but maybe some transport would do better. (no border worlds series please and kinda dont like pirate/rogue series too). Was thinking of Camara or Correo myself. Though what would outcasts say if I arrive at their gate with corsair ship?

Also cannot decide on ID wether it be independent trader, so can use lawful bases. Or maybe pirate ID to be able to pirate some corporations. Or maybe smuggler ID? As maybe I need to smuggle something at some point.
If you're looking for the most freedom, I'd go with an Independent Trader ID. Though you can't smuggle with that (right?). I wouldn't go with Smuggler ID, but that's just me. If you're going to be in Outcast systems, why not just be an Outcast eh?

Ship wise... Cheap and effective would go to the Border Worlds Transport, not sure why you don't like it, it's a good ship. Perhaps the Titanic or Crane?

-Edit- Why did I suggest ships he wouldn't be able to fly with the suggested ID? Eh..
Smuggler ID and borderworld trans
Mostly I dont want borderworlds as i don like the looks. And about outcast things? I might travel all around sirius.
' Wrote:Though what would outcasts say if I arrive at their gate with corsair ship?

To sum it up: "Dai!" xD
If you are a trader/smuggler you would most likely get some insane demand for flying that corsair ship. Pirate ID would make your time very unhealthy.
Rather take the <strike>Pencil</strike> Camara.

The Anki would be another neutral freighter, but it's an ugly homeworld-import. I heard they are all getting replaced, but never managed to find the topic about it.
ID-wise I suggest a smuggler ID. It should reflect your actions best since you will have to grab most supplies from lawful bases.
Ship-wise, if you don't like the Border Worlds Transport, your next best bet would be the Firefly I think. Or simply a Heron
BW line is beautiful!

But If you seriously don't want them get camara. Or wait until 4.86 and get Anki. You can try CSF and be Junker. They supply unlawfuls.

x-Shuttle is option too. Its neutral.
CSF is one of the best freighters if you look for freighter.
P trans if you want to be in transport.
If you want to provide criminals with normal goods, you can take a transporter, that is no problem. You need the Smuggler ID or the Independend Trader ID if you want to get things out of their bases. Since you will get problems with the Police, I would say you shouldn`t move in bigger ships, trying to run away in an adv. Train won?t work But if you don`t want the BWT.... well, there are only the BigDragon for Kusari or the Firefly for Bretonia, depending on what kind of criminals you want to provide (I really am no fan of the Behemoth -_-). Another ID would be to invest a little more money and take a Liner with Junker ID ^^ It is a little slow, but it can defend itself better against Police Forces (not against pirates, those bombers are annoying -_-).

That would be the Transporter. If you want solely RP and not making money with it... Freighters are quite okay, but they don`t have the cargo space to be more then just RP-reasons or for beginners (I started with a Gull right after the normal CSV, so...). As fighting transporters, I would say, all of them suck:)
The Correo you mentioned is faction specific while the BWT is neutral and perfect for Smugglers which you surely become when dealing with pirates.

PS: Selling a BWT, check the Ship Sales
With the Correo you could supply Corsair Bases (though you'd need permission for it if you want to use a smuggler ID) and smuggle Artefacts.

For more generic stuff, I'd recommend the Bactrian or Camara, a Clydesdale is nice if you want to work around Bretonia.
The Junkers CSF requires permission to use with a generic ID as well.

The Behemoth is actually an amazing ship, high survivability, good firepower and agility, easy to fly.

The freighter variant wouldn'd generate much profit though, so that'd be for RP only I guess.
Pages: 1 2