Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: ID and IFF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have question - I'm ok when I meet a Pirate with Pirate ID and Freelancer IFF, but how about Pirate with let say Molly or Rouge ID and Freelancer IFF ?

it's allowed? or maybe if somebody have an some group ID should have same IFF?
I think it's a good way of showing unusual background status. A vessel with pirate ID and let's see, OC IFF might mean that the owner of the ship is no longer under Commonwealth jurisdiction, thou the work of Maltese engineers is clearly visible by scanning the ship.

EDIT: Keep in mind that ID is what matters rule-vise, so in this case only civilian technology allowed without the usual tech-request.
' Wrote:I think it's a good way of showing unusual background status. A vessel with pirate ID and let's see, OC IFF might mean that the owner of the ship is no longer under Commonwealth jurisdiction, thou the work of Maltese engineers is clearly visible by scanning the ship.

Ok but specific I need to know what situation with OC ID and Freelancer IFF.
Well inRP then you are a freelancer, rule - wise ..you must respect everything that comes with the(oc,rogue,whataver we are discussing) ID,including ZoI and such.

But I don't see the point why would anyone do that ? And well IFF and ID should match much as possible..it could be abusing of the rules posing as freelancer when you are apparently an OC, rogue..etc.

Pirate ID don't have many options for the IFF (well maybe they do, all unlawfuls etc.), but people like to choose be freelancer pirates, work alone make their own money.

If you choose pirate ID - some IFF, thats faction may inRP protect you because you were one of theirs, if you go with Fl IFF, everyone will/should (but thats not the case on server) hate you.

ID - Rules, IFF - roleplay

You would be a freelancer, and your ID won't have anything with that except rules written on it that you should not break.

Maybe it's abuse...and maybe it's just unnecessary . Can you explain what would you achieve with it ?
As far as i know faction IDs with freelancer IFF are not permitted. Maybe with SRP request but probably not even with that.
' Wrote:Maybe it's abuse...and maybe it's just unnecessary . Can you explain what would you achieve with it ?

Not me, I consider a Abuse raport, becouse I was pirated by pilot with Rouge gunboat, with Rouge ID but with Freelancer IFF.

And that's why I ask - but maybe some Admin will answer this?
' Wrote:Not me, I consider a Abuse raport, becouse I was pirated by pilot with Rouge gunboat, with Rouge ID but with Freelancer IFF.

And that's why I ask - but maybe some Admin will answer this?

Well ID and IFF should match, it's not so hard to get IFF for in this example rogues. So I would consider it abuse (if it's intentional) , or mismatch od ID and IFF (which you can point out to player, and if he refuses to explain point out to admins, but I am generally against sanctioning everything that happens before I have a word with a player)
' Wrote:Maybe it's abuse...and maybe it's just unnecessary.
Well, that worth some lines. Abuse? I think using an OC ID with freelancer IFF would be abuse, since it would be hiding your nature, origins, intentions and such. But generic ID and specific IFF? It's like being loosely part of the NPC faction without it's benefits - like technology.

Unnecessary? Maybe. It's overcomplicating things, but for what purpose? With the IFF you're showing your affiliation, while not being part of the faction. Also I have to state, that every case is different in that matter.

EDIT: In this specific case... It's rather ugly. Hope it was just a mistake on the player's part.

Well when I was trying to talk with him - and ask why he fly with Freelancer IFF Rouge ID and Exuipment - he tell me to not change a subject and pay 1M fo him - when I try to talk anyway he shoot down my shield and next half of hull.

I paid him anyway - 800k (200k for damage of the ship) becouse I want to live and continue a mining.

But I want to know do this is abuse - for Yours answers it seem so.
but maybe some Admin will bring a light on this case?
Okay, the way things should work is this:

Generic ID'd people (Pirates, Freelancers, Mercenary, Independant Traders, etc.) that have a faction IFF are presumed to be operating for the faction of their IFF. So a Pirate ID'd with Outcast IFF would be considered for RP purposes to be working for the Outcasts. That's why a Pirate ID'd with a Freelancer IFF is working for himself only.

Non-generic ID'd people (Corsairs, Outcasts, etc.) should not have a generic IFF. They might have no IFF, which would be acceptable, but unless it was something getting worked on due to a character change, you shouldn't see an Outcast ID'd with Freelancer IFF.
Pages: 1 2