Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Just a thought here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So you see them in Sigma-13. The middlesections of ruined Rheinland battleships. So a few days ago I had a thought: why not use that model as a base? If you had enough money it would be quite easy to convert into a base, provided there wasn't too much damage on the inside. Just seal the gaps, add some life support systems and you have a habitable lump of metal.

And, what better way to use this idea than to have a new Freelancer base? It wouldn't be that hard to tug the middlesection of an old battleship through to say, the Sigma-17 jump hole. Then jump through with the hulk in tow and then just move it to a suitable location, maybe a few klicks above the normal plain. Then you have a new freelancer base. Hell, it could be moved anywhere within one or two jumps of Sigma-13. After that, there could be RP to suggest that the hulk of metal wouldn't survive a trip any further due to structural problems.

So, my idea is to have a new freelancer base that is the repaired middlesection of a Rheinland battleship somewhere close to Sigma-13, one or two system jumps away. If you look at the starmap there are many possibilities that fall into that category.

The reason why I was thinking about the Rheinland battleship midsection being the base instead of the usual sort of base is so we can have more variety. Also, with that sort of resource, it would be fairly stupid not to take advantage of it.

Opinions?
Junkers / Outcasts base. For smugglers mostly. Why not.
Don't forget, though. ALG collects such pieces of junk.:P

I mean Sigma-13-wise.
this is a good idea i think...the state of the recycling of old stuffs in sigma 13 hasnt been worked on since vanilla
It could be done.

But there would be some issues:

First of all, how is any ship supposed to dock with it?
Given that that issue would be fixed, where is it going to get the power from, if (presumably) the engine core is in pieces?
i assume by fixing it up it would include the basics like life support..docking ports and power cores...we are talking about the hull material here...out of most ships what is most expensive is the hull usually...so this would save alot of credits for base contruction cost
' Wrote:It could be done.

But there would be some issues:

First of all, how is any ship supposed to dock with it?
The middle section has the docks.

Quote:Given that that issue would be fixed, where is it going to get the power from, if (presumably) the engine core is in pieces?
Um... I don't know, maybe they could just get a new generator? Given that it's not going anywhere and it's smaller by virtue of being about a third of a ship, it shouldn't need nearly as much power as a functioning battleship.

One could even add parts to it - use the remnants of the ship as a centerpiece or sidewing to save money, and build a bit around it for any needed extras.
One could even connect a ordinary docking port to it.
Why not ,
It is worth trying even if Sigma-13 Crown Nebula is fairly small

I think that it could be a good Station for Bounty hunters and pirates willing to start raid in both rheinland , kushari and sigmas sector.
What about pulling MANY of those space hulks together? Enough material to build a citadel station. It could be some kind of makeshift Freeport, although by its own nature it would be perfect as a Junker capital city. Maybe some of the battleship's guns are still operational, and could provide station defense.
Well I really like the ideas. Indeed second freelancer base is much needed. It could be a merge between standard junker base- Rochester type ,rheinland Battleship and the odd "cables" that connect the "rocks" on the barrier gate. making even one nce trade route to it - so sigmas would be not so dead as they are now.
Pages: 1 2