Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Better Business Bureau
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to hear your input on an idea:

Better Business Bureau

People could report, inRP, deals or commercial interactions where they feel they have been wronged.
It would mostly exist to alert others of questionable dealers/customers. Later down the road maybe some policing coud be intorduced for very severe situations, though I am not sure how this could work inRP seeing how this should be sirius wide and independent of the houses, so it maybe better to concentrate just on the reporting of bad dealers. Bad rep is punishment enough for a dealer.

Let me know what you think guys.
Sounds like something Interspace Commerce might get involved with.

Go make it, nothing's stopping you.
' Wrote:Sounds like something Interspace Commerce might get involved with.

Go make it, nothing's stopping you.

Well you know it's good to poll public opinion before starting a venture:) Plus I figured if I start a thread like this people will quickly point out if something like this exists...

Also it seems I put this the wrong "General Discussion" session. Can mods move this to "Discovery Rp 24/7 General Discussion" please.
Also looks like something the Zoners would be involved in, as they can easily keep track of the inter-House traffic from their strategically placed Freeports. Zoners could act as neutral arbiters on the most nasty cases.
It also looks like something that has been repeatedly locked in the past due to it generally degenerating into trial by forum.
' Wrote:It also looks like something that has been repeatedly locked in the past due to it generally degenerating into trial by forum.

Which is exactly what will happen if it does become one. Consider your tone before posting your negative reviews.
' Wrote:Which is exactly what will happen if it does become one. Consider your tone before posting your negative reviews.

Was there a tone there?

I think he means consider your tone when posting on the Better Buesines berau board should there materialize one.

The idea is just appearing there is punishment enough. No trial by forum neccessary
You know what I like? Newbies giving good ideas and contributing to the community. I think this is a fantastic idea. I can definately see Interspace doing something like this or maybe even the Zoners. It'll take quite a bit of work to pull off, but it's a great idea. I'd certainly like to see something like this.
I am not sure I like the Interspace idea because I envision this workign for both lawful and unlawful parties.
So in my mind this should be run by someone completely independent. I guess Zoners would do but I almost want it to be a standalone agency of sorts not attached to any faction.

Thoughts?