Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: need files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok here it goes i used to make ships,guns,systems, fractions etc for fun but lost all the files i needed to make them could somoene send me a complete file plz and i could help you out with modding this server if ya like:)
Seth Karlo's FL pack.
Forum full of tutorials, some of which link to the necessary tools.

Go make some stations, please. We have enough ships, enough systems, enough factions. The time spent coding a gun is insignificant compared to the time spent balancing it. If, however, you meant making gun models, some more variety there wouldn't hurt.

So, yeah. Station models, gun models, debris models, etc. Those would be lovely. Ships, systems, factions, we have more than enough of. I'm actually of the opinion that we should prune some of them down, but that's not the way the wind blows.
I would also like to point out that while we have a relative abundance of modellers, we lack people dedicated to texturing etc.

So if you like texturing or hitboxing, for whatever sadistic reason, also pipe up and you'd be more welcome than Mr Welcome from Welcome's Town.
' Wrote:Seth Karlo's FL pack.
Forum full of tutorials, some of which link to the necessary tools.

Go make some stations, please. We have enough ships, enough systems, enough factions. The time spent coding a gun is insignificant compared to the time spent balancing it. If, however, you meant making gun models, some more variety there wouldn't hurt.

So, yeah. Station models, gun models, debris models, etc. Those would be lovely. Ships, systems, factions, we have more than enough of. I'm actually of the opinion that we should prune some of them down, but that's not the way the wind blows.
keeps saying file not found...anouther link plz?
tbh im making my own fraction well thinking about ti and was gonna make 1 system like a guard system for it where only that fraction can enter or trade etc but ill do both and let ya have a look:P
' Wrote:I would also like to point out that while we have a relative abundance of modellers, we lack people dedicated to texturing etc.

So if you like texturing or hitboxing, for whatever sadistic reason, also pipe up and you'd be more welcome than Mr Welcome from Welcome's Town.
tbh i have alot of free time on my hands and im wiling to scrape of the rust of modding tbh
Ah, see, in the 4.7s, you could probably come in and present a cool system and build yourself a faction. Actually, that sounds a lot like how the Phantoms got started, but I may be mixing up my stories. However, we're no longer in a desperate struggle for players, competing for coolness against other mods. Now, even the SCRA took years to get their own NPC faction. It's not something that happens overnight.

We neither need nor want more factions or systems tacked haphazardly onto what we have now in order to "show off". (Yes I play in Gallia. Stop looking at me like that.) What we do need is textures and non-ship models.

Actually, come to think of it, anything that isn't a ship, faction, or system will be good. Those are the flashy stuff, but we've had hundreds of them submitted over the years (probably thousands, counting all of the "hey we should have my country as a playable faction"). We've got more than enough now. Stations, debris, textures, hitboxes, those would all be wonderful.
' Wrote:Ah, see, in the 4.7s, you could probably come in and present a cool system and build yourself a faction. Actually, that sounds a lot like how the Phantoms got started, but I may be mixing up my stories. However, we're no longer in a desperate struggle for players, competing for coolness against other mods. Now, even the SCRA took years to get their own NPC faction. It's not something that happens overnight.

We neither need nor want more factions or systems tacked haphazardly onto what we have now in order to "show off". (Yes I play in Gallia. Stop looking at me like that.) What we do need is textures and non-ship models.

Actually, come to think of it, anything that isn't a ship, faction, or system will be good. Those are the flashy stuff, but we've had hundreds of them submitted over the years (probably thousands, counting all of the "hey we should have my country as a playable faction"). We've got more than enough now. Stations, debris, textures, hitboxes, those would all be wonderful.
ok ill work on stations when i find a link that works...and the rest:)