Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: house flagships?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
well i was thinking....wouldnt it be kinda of realistic...not to mention cool...if come like 4.86 or something....each house or major faction got it`s own flagship instead of using a generic battleship to fit that role?

i mean it stands to reason that a sufficiently powerfull house would build a completely unique ship as a symbol of it`s military might and pride

these things could be unique ships...only granted by the admin to the official faction leader for that house and so on

it would have to be flown around a good deal to make it`s presence felt though....but it would only be able to stay in it`s own house space

i was thinking these flagships could he huge...like barge huge....and have the same piloting difficultys....but a hell load of guns.....sort of like the boss monster in an old videogame...the embodiement of that place`s power
You really want the bombers to come out of their caves, don't you?
thats the whole idea....
no - it was discussed some time ago - and the concept isn t sound.

houses use their battleships as flagships - and some admirals fly fighters anyway, cause they increase their survivability by a lot.

kusari already has some sort of a flagship - which is actually a lighter version of their battleship btw.

and again - just cause its limited, restricted, handed out via srp or whatever reasons..... its not going to be more powerful or out of balance than anything else.
Remember the Bismark? NAZI Germany's premier battleship, big, lots of guns, rediculous armor. Then came the bomber swarm. Didnt kill it, infact all they did was destroy the rudder, causing The Bismark to head straight into a British fleet, who where tasked with destroying it after she sank the Hood, which lead to the subsiquent sinking of Hitlers largest warship.

If every major faction had a Flagship, all their enemies would come after it the moment it appered with a swarm of bombers, the size of which is yet to be seen in sirius. Even in fleet battles, it would be useless as it would become the first target, as the biggest and easiest thing to hit out there, thus making it a floating debris field waiting to happen.

You should watch a fleet battle some time, take notice what are the first ships to go.
This is a good idea actually.

Stop thinking only from a PvP point of view. This would be great inRP.

Kusari has the emperor's yacht, which is a unique ship and it's awesome.

Liberty could use a presidential Air Force One style.

Bretonia could use a nice flag ship for the Queen. Something like the Bretonian Luxury liner but better looking.

Rheinland could use a flying bunker for the Kanzeler or whoever is leading there.

Gallia could use a modified version of a Valor for the King and his royal family. (Could be painted in Gold to show the opulence of the royals)

Of course, some "players" will start to yell on skype when they see one of those ships on the players list, that's why they should be used only for events/diplomatic meetings and things like that.

Good idea. Thumbs up but you won't see them in 4.86
' Wrote:Liberty could use a presidential Air Force One style.

And president would jump from one battleship to another.

We can make normal house battleships just with special graphic thame.
I approve the idea actually but the topic is already discussed.I don't know why people don't want this ships- it fits perfect from the RP side.It could fit perfect from PvP side since there are only several factions who can afford such ship 4 Houses, Gallia,Both Hispanics and CR. If the ship receives really good guns and better armour then the normal battleships it could be really a first target indeed but it will be able to fight back.
Such ships will change the way of the current fleet battles.In right hands with right balanced support fleet this ships will add new feature in game- fun from PvP side and fun from RP side. It is ridiculous for admiral to go in tiny fighter to command the army.Except meta-gaming- people will organise them-self in order to blast that ship and the powergaming when the ship is blasted I cannot see any other flaws of the concept. But metagaming exist in any other aspect of the game and powergaming can really be avoided-
"Ze Kanzler Flaggshiff was leider destroyed but He took his shuttle in time so he is save now.Ze Arbeiters at the Alster build new better one as we speak"
I know that all capusers go for buffcapsbuffcapsbuffcapsbuffcaps- but this is much better then buffing them- Give several really good caps to the right people- People who have showed that they would not abuse em, people who can adequate RP such ships.People who can give bombers a devastating barrage of fire-showing that capitals are not useless against bombers(looking at Jihadjoe's BattleRazors trashing my Barghest)
' Wrote:Remember the Bismark? NAZI Germany's premier battleship, big, lots of guns, rediculous armor.

Actually, by german standards, it had light armour, if I remember correctly.

I would like to see a unique ship for each house, like the Imperial Yacht. It would be very interesting for RP.

Nitram
Idea is good. But ship BIG enough to be flagship, erm how you fit it into lane, gate or hole?
Pages: 1 2