Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hellgate London 2038
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I sense some kind of intense FRP integration into advanced RPG and RTS features in here. If I am not mistaken the game has already been launched and I am looking forward to try it asap.

The link to the webpage of their official site is as follows..

http://www.hellgatelondon.com/
Im looking forward to it indeedy!
Ive got it, i lifetime subscribed, i love it.

It has ISSUES people, major issues.

The game is playable, but you will have problems after about two or three hours of play. Restart your computer and clear that memory and go back to playing and its fine.

Also, the "recommendations" are the MINIMUM recommendations. I have better than the minimum, and i still have to run the game on lower settings than i would like. Shadows off, textures on medium/low depending on the day/character, model detail high but view distance low, aa off, ect.

Most of that is the memory leak. The rest is that im on an agp 8x system and the game screams for a pci express setup.

Also, there are many game hindering bugs that should be sorted out soon. The most aggravating is that sometimes when you leave town with a group it will place you in the same instance, but outside of the group while still in the group. You will be able to see your party members pets, you will see monsters die from your party members killing them, but you will not see or be able to interact with your party members themselves.

Going back to town and then party portalling can fix this problem, but its an inconvenience and speeds up the memory loss to the dreaded leak.

Every mmo that i have played on release or beta tested has had a memory leak though, and they always get fixed, or reduced enough to not matter. So far patching support has been EPIC. I logged in three days in a row to find a new micro patch fixing something. One time i patched while zoning. They are fixing stuff fast, so im looking forward to seeing some of the big things fixed.
It's an MMO?
What does "paying" get you?
I thought it had a single player mode, too.. Does paying affect that?
It has both SP and Multi, I am not sure but you would probably need to pay for the Multiplayer. Too bad that I still could not find the time to try the SP yet:(
Ill be getting it when i have enough money to buy computer upgrades
Right now, if you subscribe you get....

More bank space. (yay)

Hardcore mode YAY!

thats about it at the moment.

Latest patch made the game ALOT more stable for me. it seems to be optimized alot better too, alot less vid lag, and alot less mem leakage:D
New patch came out, fixed the invis party members, fixed a texture memory leak. Fixed a couple other bugs too.

Next patch is in the works already.
Awesome.
I'm getting it for Christmas, so excited.
Sooo..
I'm a bit disappointed.
I started it up, and for a bit, I was amazed. I absolutely LOVED the game.
I ran into one of those memory leaks, which was a nuisance.. Because it meant once I entered that area, I couldn't return to the base. No matter how I went. The game would crash.
And my all time favourite quest! Click accept, then double click on Hellgate London on the desktop.

But those little things aside, I find the levels quite.. Sad.. I'm level 20, advancing decently far in the game so far.. I love the random generated maps.. But.. They're small. They're pretty linear.. And not filled with any fun little extras. In Diablo, you'd get HUGE random maps, that would lead off every which way, and there'd be special rooms,filled with treasures, shrines, spellbook cases, etc etc.. In this, the maps aren't quite so big.. At all. It's usually a straight path from point A to point B. Occassionally there's a portal to "hell", which is ALWAYS the same. Some nasty lookin' red floating island. Which takes a minute to clear. Sometimes an added portal on that, which leads to several big connecting square rooms. Still. Repetitive. Sometimes you'll find a sewer which leads you to a "gold" realm, or something like that.. Not much, though.. I've yet to try online play, I may give it a swing once I beat the game in singleplayer first.
Pages: 1 2