Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A hello from Alpha Echo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone. I'm new to the mod, by invite (although the invite was a long time ago) of a friend. Currently I'm flying for the Corsairs as "Sethras". A thanks to Elven for also welcoming me into the module...

Roleplay, free flight -and- scifi in one package... this game should be very enjoyable!
Welcome and enjoy! PM me if yeh need any help!
Welcome to the community!

If you haven't already, read the server rules: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4040

If you need any help or if you have any questions, contact a member from The_Angels or PM me on the forums. Oh, and if you are ever interested in a trading faction look up [*USI*] (Universal Shipping Incorporated). Have Fun!
as aerelm says :

' Wrote:Welcome to Discovery!
First thing I can suggest is you play the Single Player Campaign if you haven't already, cause Discovery Lore is based on the Vanilla FL, so knowing what had happened in 800 A.S will help you much with making things happen in 818 A.S:PAnd then, Nice idea about gettin a Merc RT and stuff, but I'm curios, what Class 9 Guns are you using on your Ship? Because you see, according to Tech Chart You can only freely use Civilian and Zoner Weapons as a Merc, and for others, you'll gonna need Permission from the Holding faction, Other than that... See you in Space and Happy Hunting!:)

Also, Check these Links, They might come in Handy;
  • Complete Version of Server Rules
    - Reading and Understanding all these (Even though it might get a bit confusing in the beginning) is essential for Survival (!) on this Server!
  • Community & Forum Rules
    - Aside from this link, there are certain rules for each Sub-Forum as well. You can find those in pinned threads of each Sub-forum.
  • Technology Usage Chart
    - Want to make a New character with a Specific ID? First read the ID and its restriction carefully, then check this chart to see What Ships and Guns you can use with it.
  • Discovery Wiki
    - Need Information about any Faction, Ship, or Equipment? You'll find what you need here.
  • Server Commands
    - There are many useful Commands available on This server, which are really useful, You can find a complete list on the Wiki Page.
If you have any questions, or need help, You can always contact anyone from This List,
And when In Game, Look for those nice guys around with [The_Angel] Tag, They sure know how to help you out.
Also, you might like to spend some time reading our Role-Playing Hub And even decide to join in! Remember, Server Roleplay comes first, but then, there is Forum Roleplay, which can be really enjoyable if you are the 'Writer' type!

So, Don't be afraid to ask anything you need, and ... Enjoy Your stay!;)

Aaaand Respect aerelm [Image: emoticon-0139-bow.gif]
Useful link post. Should be stickied as a "start here" for newcomers. I'll be contacting some angels ingame if I can find any... figure out what to do. Either that or get "Elven" to help out again ^.^

Can't wait till I get home and hop ingame again.
' Wrote:Useful link post. Should be stickied as a "start here" for newcomers. I'll be contacting some angels ingame if I can find any... figure out what to do. Either that or get "Elven" to help out again ^.^

Can't wait till I get home and hop ingame again.

whoah whoah .. not so fast. server is being attacked and it has its sleepy-sleepy time.

but anyhow, welcome to disco ( Popular dance music, especially of the late 1970s, characterized by strong repetitive bass rhythms. )!

:cool:

hope the DDoS attacks dont put you off. And dont mind the trolls.
Welcome to the disco!
' Wrote:whoah whoah .. not so fast. server is being attacked and it has its sleepy-sleepy time.

but anyhow, welcome to disco ( Popular dance music, especially of the late 1970s, characterized by strong repetitive bass rhythms. )!
:cool:

hope the DDoS attacks dont put you off. And dont mind the trolls.
The DDoS attacks... so that's why the server and forum are in trouble? Is there anything that can be done about it? *is a bit of a techhead, could at least help to adjust the MySQL server for better handling if need be*
ye, Kudos to Tony for ninjaing my Welcome +1 Template. [Image: emoticon-0139-bow.gif]

So, Welcome and Enjoy your stay! And don't worry about DDoSes, it'll be Hopefully fixed soon. Meanwhile, You can write up some Background Story for your Char if you feel like it.;)