Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hi there
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone! I've been reading around, lurking in the forums and I can't wait to join in with all the RP. However, I feel a bit overwhelmed by all the different factions and jobs... Where do I begin?
See you in space!
Welcome! I'm Michael Trenton, leader of Universal Shipping Incorporated. If you are interested in a trading faction, you should check it out (P.S. - Look at my sig.)

To be unoriginal, but effective. I will now quote a friend:
' Wrote:Welcome to Discovery!
First thing I can suggest is you play the Single Player Campaign if you haven't already, cause Discovery Lore is based on the Vanilla FL, so knowing what had happened in 800 A.S will help you much with making things happen in 818 A.S:PAnd then, Nice idea about gettin a Merc RT and stuff, but I'm curios, what Class 9 Guns are you using on your Ship? Because you see, according to Tech Chart You can only freely use Civilian and Zoner Weapons as a Merc, and for others, you'll gonna need Permission from the Holding faction, Other than that... See you in Space and Happy Hunting!:)

Also, Check these Links, They might come in Handy;
  • Complete Version of Server Rules
    - Reading and Understanding all these (Even though it might get a bit confusing in the beginning) is essential for Survival (!) on this Server!
  • Community & Forum Rules
    - Aside from this link, there are certain rules for each Sub-Forum as well. You can find those in pinned threads of each Sub-forum.
  • Technology Usage Chart
    - Want to make a New character with a Specific ID? First read the ID and its restriction carefully, then check this chart to see What Ships and Guns you can use with it.
  • Discovery Wiki
    - Need Information about any Faction, Ship, or Equipment? You'll find what you need here.
  • Server Commands
    - There are many useful Commands available on This server, which are really useful, You can find a complete list on the Wiki Page.
If you have any questions, or need help, You can always contact anyone from This List,
And when In Game, Look for those nice guys around with [The_Angel] Tag, They sure know how to help you out.
Also, you might like to spend some time reading our Role-Playing Hub And even decide to join in! Remember, Server Roleplay comes first, but then, there is Forum Roleplay, which can be really enjoyable if you are the 'Writer' type!

So, Don't be afraid to ask anything you need, and ... Enjoy Your stay!;)
Thanks
I've had Freelancer for nigh on 4 years and played the life out of SP, so I know the basics.
I am quite interested in trading actually, so I might try joining!
The basics in the SP are VERY different from online gameplay, but I'm positive that you'll catch on quick.

Good to hear that you are interested. I don't want to be selfish, so make sure you check out the other official factions too:

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=238

At the moment, my faction is post number 49.

If you need anything or if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask anyone in the community.
' Wrote:
U[color=black].S.I.
Universal [color=white]Shipping Inc.
Shamelessly Advertising in Welcome Threads Since 818 A.S.

Thats what you get when you Ninja my Posts!:P

---
So yeah, Nothing more to say, Welcome and Have Fun;)