Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Warlock Inspection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
>>Video<<
>>Updated Video<<
Yes, I know you can't model the guns on the ship for freelancer. They're separate meshes.
Also, the third render, witch the exception of the outlining, is how the ship would appear in
freelancer.

Quick Rundown of it's RP'd Armorment:
-26x(Double Turreted) Reconfigurable Railgun Emplacements
-16x Medium Diameter Missile Tubes
-8x Extra Large Reconfigurable Payload Missile Tubes
-2x Forward Particle Beams

Updated RP'd Armorment:
-20x(Double Turreted) Reconfigurable Railgun Emplacements
-16x Medium Diameter Missile Tubes
-2x Forward Particle Beams

Armorment I actually expect to have in freelancer:
-Anywhere from 16 to 20 turrets (the latter being the case only if I am extremely lucky)
-Cool looking missile pods that do nothing at all.
-If my luck increases exponentially every second until the ship is submitted, it may have forward guns for the particle beams
Combine the missile pods into a sort of L-shape with bay doors at the top of the L and the tip of the horizontal part of said L, lengthen it, and it'd make a badass carrier.

Also, what exactly do you define as "low-poly"?
It looks like salvager war father, I love it
Nice design, The missile reminded me of some mech warriors machine model.

Now what would be cool is a a reference for its size, like another Battleship.
Also, I think that these missile launchers may act as asteroid Handles (like on the hegemon) . It takes on small rock, and you are stock.

What faction do you expect its usage? But I am sure it can be re-skinner at will.
You have PM.
If you're planning on submitting it for Discovery... then you should probably know that 2/50 guns/turrets is far too many. Cruisers generally have 12-16 turrets.

Your textures also look rather bland and lack detail.

If you're not submitting it for Discovery, then this should either be in the Freelancer Modding forum, or the Media section.
' Wrote:If you're planning on submitting it for Discovery... then you should probably know that 2/50 guns/turrets is far too many. Cruisers generally have 12-16 turrets.

Your textures also look rather bland and lack detail.

If you're not submitting it for Discovery, then this should either be in the Freelancer Modding forum, or the Media section.

To address your points in order.
Armaments: I never said there were 50 turrets, my actual figure was 26. Mind you that the set of weapons I have listed is impossible to implement in discovery, so the number of hardpoints is negotiable.

Textures: I agree with this. There is only so much one can accomplish with a procedural texture. I'll try to touch it up a bit.

Forum placement: I was planning on submitting this in a more refined form. This is by no means a final model.
Submitted for who?

Also remember the 'missile' pods won't be actual missile pods ingame.

What's the roleplay history behind the ship?
IE, who built it? Why? What is it meant to do?
' Wrote:Submitted for who?

Also remember the 'missile' pods won't be actual missile pods ingame.

What's the roleplay history behind the ship?
IE, who built it? Why? What is it meant to do?

To answer your questions and retort to your statements in order:

Junkers (The updated version)

Yes, I remember that. You know the Virage? It's got 2 giant cannons that do nothing except look cool.

As for the roleplay, it will be the same salvaged ship blab you get from the slave liner, except tweaked such that this will become a warship.
Er, Junkers?

The Junkers have no use for a warship. That is quite clearly an awesome warship.

I'm actually having a hard time figuring out where it could go. It's really cool, but...

It might fit quite well in the Broken Bonds mod, though.
Pages: 1 2