Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Advertising
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please add advertising to our server. For players.

Base/Station/Planet ------> Bar -----> News

I would like to offer my weapon dealers services in the bars 'News' section of Norfolk Shipyard, and write a few lines of advertisement.

Maybe it could be possible, to have also rumor NPSs in the the Bar, that are telling something like: "W.F.Cody's Shop is the a very dood adress to buy rare equipment in the middle of Liberty. Look at his offers!" or so.

Also it could be useful for Freelancers, that offer scouting services.
Or for faction recruitment.
Or for convoi offers.

Also it have to cost a bit. Maybe 10 million credits for a month or so - maybe more.

Perhaps combine it with an online detection of the player/faction. Dont advertise, if he is off.

As the server is down, i try to think out something useful related to disco. Discuss, please.
well, we have something called open market on the forum. It still work as I remember.
In doubt, i would prefer a in-game solution.

I dont want to post my weekly offers or such there, but only a notice, that i generally sell stuff.

The open market is good for more information, like hold, prices, ets, but i mean general informations for potetial customers.
Perhaps, You know when I think about it, it is a good idea after all. It is better then people ''spamming'' their service or product in system chat. And on top of that giving a good point for the ''bars''.
' Wrote:Perhaps, You know when I think about it, it is a good idea after all. It is better then people ''spamming'' their service or product in system chat. And on top of that giving a good point for the ''bars''.

I tend to spam my messages in local chat. Greeting players, scanning them, and if they have a discovery scanner, i try to argue to buy my advanced cargo scanner - or a thruster or shield or blabla.

In system chat, i spam only 2 or 3 times in one day at a maximum. I personally dislike advertising totally. But if i could (as a dealer), i would like to have my "news" on West Point, Norfolk (of course) and planet Manhattan.

Problem is, we all knew per vanilla, that there is nothing new in the news. Nobody is looking at the news. Maybe per accident. Wrong clicking or such.

Some server events/trading deals has been offered in the news, a few month ago. I remember a Water-to Freeport 18-run. Dunno, if this extra is used in last weeks.

We need more news!
I think this is a good idea:

perhaps we could trial it by having recruitment adverts for the relevant factions on each base? i.e lib navy on manhatten, bpa on new london
I really like the idea. It will make the game better. Many of the new players are not register d in the forum- it will help.
News items can be Hooked into the game.