Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: My little VHF Creation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 2j0cc3s.jpg]

I have no purpose for it, so i though i would just stick it here, maybe someone will like it and snatch it up.

This is just a rough version, simply textured.

Looks awfully similar to the Gaian VHF i posted a while ago, and this was an attempt to re-make it.

But, Jinx's is way nicer.

So this ship is basically just sitting on my desktop.

Well, Tell me what you think, what you like and don't like.

Some extra pics:
Perspective:
[Image: 2j0cc3s.jpg]

Front:
[Image: t0gutl.jpg]

Top:
[Image: 29f2tsh.jpg]

Side:
[Image: 3022o1j.jpg]
I've already used in it somewhat of my first render in Lightwave 3D: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiupfCHSWFE
It looks like a VHF version of the Starflea - Civvie fighter anyone?
It's very... abstract... with the wings. I kinda like it. Could be a neat model for a zoner-manufactured civilian fighter. Perhaps, Virage?
I also like the idea behind the wings but there's still a lot to work on this model. More details on the ship hull and that cockpit. Also, a better/freelancerish texture.
If IKEA sold space-superiority-fighters, that would be it. There's no detail... well, anywhere, but it has charm to it.
Thanks for the Comments guys, But, Maybe some tips?

Edit: Well, in a reply to the post about adding more details, I like making the ships look streamlines as this one does. But, if the people demand extra bits, then i shall give them extra bits!
It can be streamlined and still have a lot of detail on it. Take a look at some of Jinx's ships, for example. Granted, you can't tack windows to the side of a fighter, but I think it'll help you get a feel for what you can add without compromising the feel of the ship.
Ooh, I'm liking that a fair bit.

I'm also thinking 'CTE made racer/interceptor'.

I like it the way it is, it doesn't need any more bits added on to it.

Can't see what the textures are like on it right now, I'm at work and they have nerfed the pc's so they don't let streaming content thruough.

With the right textures, that would look very cool.
yeah, I like it too, But I can't really texture very well, I'd have to hand it over to someone else to texture it for me
Pages: 1 2