Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Slight change to Camara ship.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys!

I recently created an unofficial faction, based on Public Transportation Services. Unfortunately due to the lack of structural depth we depend greatly in RP elements. Much worst the ships to work around our faction are super expensive, limiting the player value to either very rich or veteran players. In RP, the aesthetic element has a lot of weight and can add a lot of positive or negative impact to the faction.
I was looking for ships that I could add to the fleet, to provide passenger service but none of em seem to have look like it can transport public around in long routes. The only one I though it might work is the camara with a slight skin modification. My question to the developers here is if there's a possibility to slightly modify the Camara by adding windows on it. Example:

Before:
[Image: 2uhsvb4.jpg]

After:
[Image: wgwgz.jpg]

Please, I want to clarify that I'm not saying that the Camara will completely change to a passenger transport but simply giving it this slight change to add more flexibility and depth to it. So what do you think? Is this possible? Or authorization from the Original Creator is needed? :$

Well, the Camara isn't really a ship meant to transport passengers. It's actually for goods only. Those things you want to add the windows on are cargo pods, no passenger rooms. I hightly doubt that, for example, a load of food rations would need windows to enjoy the view of the space.;)
While I like the idea of freighters being converted into passenger vessels and being sold as a variant of the original, I have to say the Camara is a poor choice for this.
I understand... What about the BumbleBee? :unsure:Do you guys have a ship in mind for this? A freighter perhaps?
The Anki, Drone and the Grizzly look close enough to the part. All hardy little ships.
Hey Guys,

I suggest reading info cards, there are already several ships designed for public transportation. Here is the civillian versions, but each house has a small selection as well.

CTE: Around 2.5 mills, designed as a people mover, sold in California
Pelican: Around 4 mills, designed as a people mover, sold in Cortez
Democritus: Around 80 mills, designed as a people mover, sold in Cortez
Enterprise: Around 220mills, designed as a people mover, sold New York

People movers are more expensive, and should be. Cargo doesn't need all the trappings that a good people mover does, not even close.
Thanks Maelstorm. It seems the Pelican has the best description tho I hate the looks!:crazy: Annyway If any Modeler out there interested in creating a small Public Transport, please try it! I can pay for it. ;)
Hello Violante,

Actually, I'd like two additions to that list. A small freighter, for getting started, and a medium transport that is a bit more on the cheap side. The small one would be the equivalent to the local bussing system and the larger version would be equivalent to econoclass 747's.

Also something to think on Violante, the Pelican has a monstrous flaw. If it's hit by a disrupter it's gun energy drops to zero and stays that way for a good long time. That's ok if you never plan on shooting back, but NPC's drop disruptors on you all the time. You might as well just skip putting weapons on it. Put quick regen shields and a very good armor upgrade on it and run like fun.
I'd make the Camara a lot bulkier. The current model just looks way too flimsy. And i'd change the name :lol: