Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ship Textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know that this is probably the wrong place for this, and its much to late for .86, but I have heard (And even seen) that you can have a ship that's specially yours with its own texture and everything. Now what I want to know, what process would I have to go through to get one of these, how much would it cost, and where would I have to request it?

EDIT: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...75575&st=20
Note post #24, that is exactly what I am talking about
To Retexture Ships you can either Do it Yourself , or simply ask a friendly Dev who has some free time to make you the new Texture. (And pay him InGame credits maybe?)
And about that Pic you've linked, I don't have the Texture Files for that Ship, cause it's simply the Photoshopped version of Roc Render in Wiki... So yeah, it's nothing but a 'Concept', might actually try to make/get someone to make that texture though.

And, if you're asking if it's possible to get your own unique Ship into Mod, It's not as easy as you might think! ("Impossible" is actually a much closer term.)
You can't buy a personal ship with simple credits, it needs to be justified through roleplay and general good things.
' Wrote:And, if you're asking if it's possible to get your own unique Ship into Mod, It's not as easy as you might think! ("Impossible" is actually a much closer term.)
No, just having a unique textured one

Quote:To Retexture Ships you can either Do it Yourself
Errrr....what?

Quote:or simply ask a friendly Dev who has some free time to make you the new Texture. (And pay him InGame credits maybe?)
My most likely option

So....if any Devs are reading this, and you would like to make some money, I'm looking for a retextured Roc If you could :)
You're not getting your own personal Roc. You could get a generic reskin done of the normal Roc, but nobody would be able to see it except you.

There is no reason to introduce a personal retextured Roc into the game as a completely new ship.