Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Connection Issues.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
- I have copied this off Skype from one of my new DSE Members who is having the following issue. He would send it himself but his account is still pending so this will save him game time:

Quote:When I open the game, and head on to multilayer, Either the Servers do not appear, or appear and won't let me connect, crashing my game when i click on one of the options or server. I been able to play once completely fine one time, and I've opened the game 50 or so times.

Oh yeah, and i can't start the game again without ending the process in task manager...

That is his issue as he describes it. If anyone could tell me a solution that I can pass onto him.
This probably sounds lame, but has he tried a reinstall? And does his internet on other games work just fine, or is it not a Freelancer-specific issue?
I've tried that, and my internet works fine, playing games on Ijji, and WoW etc. :(
Follow the instructions here: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44642

Are you running Vista (probably are)?

Uninstall your antivirus and replace it with microsoft security essentials.
I'm running win7, and i installed the Microsoft Security Essentials, I have managed to connect but i had to try about 10 times to connect, Thanks