Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: need a total midescreen tutorial
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok, ive tried to get my FL into widescreen mode, but in the end, the graphics are so jumbled up, that i give up.

i think there is a way, because ive seen a file like "textsizes.cfg" mentioned somewhere, but i dont know where the file is or what to change.

if someone could give a full demo to get it working, id appreciate it

if it makes any difference, i want to use the -dx extention on the shortcut target, which will put it into 1366x768. im running a laptop with nvidia graphics (already sorted anti ailising stuff).

thanks guys!
Just put -w at the end of the target in your FL's shortcut.

Here's my one:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.exe" -w
is that after the -dx or as well as?
Check This Thread, there is a full tutorial on how to set up Command line options.

Also, for a 1366x768 widescreen resolution, you can add -d1366x768 to the command line, or simply put -dx if you're using the same resolution on your desktop.

' Wrote:Just put -w at the end of the target in your FL's shortcut.
-w is for Windowed, -dx is the Widescreen Command line option.
' Wrote:... -dx is the Widescreen Command line option.

Actually more to the point, -dx is used for custom resolutions, not just widescreen. If you want, you could really mess things up and do -d768x1024 (reversed) and it will do just that. Empty of course will give you your current desktop resolution whatever it may be.