Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Skype questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Two short questions about Skype:

1. I have installed a chat group for for my weapon dealer. How can i link it and make it public? Is it enough to name it? Then "William Frederick Cody - Customer Care Center" would suffer. What adress or such i have to tell to my customers?

2. How to say: "Contact me on skype" in RP?

Thank you
In-RP you can use terms as: S.K.Y.P.E or just private channel, in the last case you might add at the end(//Skype)
Using '/set options +JOINING_ENABLED +TOPIC_AND_PIC_LOCKED_FOR_USERS' and then posting the link from '/get uri' should work - depending on their versions of Skype I think.
' Wrote:In-RP you can use terms as: S.K.Y.P.E or just private channel, in the last case you might add at the end(//Skype)
Thank you forr answering the second question.

Anyone knows an answer to question 1?
' Wrote:Using '/set options +JOINING_ENABLED +TOPIC_AND_PIC_LOCKED_FOR_USERS' and then posting the link from '/get uri' should work - depending on their versions of Skype I think.

Ough, a bit slower, please. I dont get your explanation. I use the newest skype version, with a german language.

Please try to explain it for idiots...
Send these messages:

"/set options +JOINING_ENABLED"
(If you want, you can also do "/set options +TOPIC_AND_PIC_LOCKED_FOR_USERS" to stop people from changing the topic title and picture.)

and

"/get uri"

Copy and paste the link that it gives you whoever you want to join the chat.
' Wrote:Send these messages:

"/set options +JOINING_ENABLED"
(If you want, you can also do "/set options +TOPIC_AND_PIC_LOCKED_FOR_USERS" to stop people from changing the topic title and picture.)

and

"/get uri"

Copy and paste the link that it gives you whoever you want to join the chat.

Thank you very much, i will try it.
Hmm, i tried to post it in a topic here, but it leeds to an error. Google started searching, without result. The link does not leed to skype.

What i dont get?
*bump*

Ok, lets try to explain what i want:

I want to display my skype channel, my Customer Care Center. How can i do that? Is it possible to open a skype conversation from this forums via link?

Or is it enough to say: Search for RedCancer2 (I appear as W.F.Cody in skype chats)

Or: Search for: William Frederick Cody - Customer Care Center

And please, can Alex or anybody explain, how to use the link (from /get uri)? How does it work.

I still dont get it. Be patienced with me....
The forums don't like it being posted as a link.
You'll have to link it to the other people on Skype - or get them to paste it as clear text into their browser's adress bar.
Pages: 1 2