Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: I'd like some information please...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hi there...... I'd like to have some information from the community........

What's the deal with "Cuban Cigars" the ones you see in films and alike, why are they almost impossible to get a'hold of?

Also, what is teh differance between the massive "cuban" cigars and the "imitation" cigars? Both seem to smoke the same (to me at least) and yet the price is.. vastly differant.

Oh, Also does anyone have a more reliable source of said smoking products?

Many thanks...
You can get them from me near Norfolk, New York.

Only 9000 credits for each box of them. Contact me.

Yours,

~W.F.Cody
Why do people prefer expensive wine over cheap wine?

Same reason.

If you're looking for them, I suggest looking at Cuba, or somewhere close. Like Florida.
The reason they're so gorram expensive is because they're pretty good... and because, due to the American embargo on trade with them, you just can't get them legally in the U.S., AFAIK.

In other countries, story may be different.
And why are they illegal in the USA? I always wondered, it's just Tobacco, right?
US put an embargo on Cuba. Ergo, Cuban products=no no. Why? They thought they could put the pressure on Castro, but that obviously didn't work.:P
Ive got a question: why would you pose this question to a gaming community when it's better to ask this question on a forum somewhere that's specifically dedicated to & populated by people that consider cigars their hobby?

Also, since you've got internet, why not use it & find some answers yourself?

I did about 5 minutes of surfing & found nothing that said cuban cigars are illegal in your area, so it shouldn't be that tough to find a reputable importer.

Just know that 90% of the popularity of them stems from the fact that they are illegal to buy & sell in the US & because it's human nature to desire what you can't have, there are more people that want them than there are people that grow & roll them. THAT is why they are so expensive.

Now, many people claim that cuba makes the best cigars because they have the perfect climate for growing tobacco in much the same way that many people claim that france makes the best wine because they have the perfect climate for growing grapes.

They may make a fine cigar, but most of the money you would shell out to buy a box goes to pay for the hype that surrounds them.

::Edit @ Schlurbi- the reason is because of the bad blood that still exists beginning with the bay of pigs indecent::
' Wrote:Ive got a question: why would you pose this question to a gaming community when it's better to ask this question on a forum somewhere that's specifically dedicated to & populated by people that consider cigars their hobby?

Also, since you've got internet, why not use it & find some answers yourself?

I did about 5 minutes of surfing & found nothing that said cuban cigars are illegal in your area, so it shouldn't be that tough to find a reputable importer.

The Discovery Gaming Community is one of the best.........

You have your classic jerkoff's and your quiet ones, then you have the ones made of purewin. I ask here as many people do smoke such things along with .. many... "illegal" substances, Not to mention i loathe forums.

Also, I managed to get a few of each of the said items in question, it is almostimpossible from my searching around to get anything large enough to fill a proper cigar box.. Which is why again, I turned to the colourfull Discovery Gaming Community.

So if anyone Does know of such a supplier and maybe a little more info, i'd aprecate it.
Fake Cuban cigars, in my inexpert opinion, are the exact same as genuine Cuban cigars. I've had both, and cannot tell a difference. Fakes are usually just rolled the same way, often by the same people, but either made, or shipped through another country to avoid the supremely stupid embargo.

Then again, there are some terribly done fakes. Had one while in Mexico a few years back and it just came apart whilst smoking.

I'm not even a huge fan of them, given the price. And I only smoke with a good beer, it brings out the flavour nicely. Not sure what kind of beer a Cuban is supposed to be paired with, but I prefer Romeo y Julieta with my darker ales. Nice price, tasty cigar.
' Wrote:They may make a fine cigar, but most of the money you would shell out to buy a box goes to pay for the hype that surrounds them.

Yes.. Of course I bet some people are making ridiculous amount of extra money from that.
And this kind of thing is true for any hyped product where Company make you pay to advertise their logo for free on your T-shirt.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7