Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: credits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
discuss.
While it's more futuristic that your money appears as just digits on the neural net, I don't find it realistic. There still will be paranoid people in the future who want to be able to see their money.

Of course, each house could have their own currency for non-spacey stuff, which could then be converted into credits...
I think the credit card commodity is a visual/tangible represenation of one's wealth.

If you consider that a dollar bill's original purpose was a receipt indicating what gold you owned, the credit card commodity could represent the same.
Credits are all digital. A credit card is more like a coupon for X amount of credits. You can't buy anything with a Credit Card, you can only exchange them for credits.
Credit cards would be the current paper money we got today, or something like it. And, I'm thinking that commodity should be removed or...changed or something.

I mean, your ship explodes, you lose your credit cards ?:P

buying is not possible. you can only exchange and get credits. further data at http://www.Devisenhandel-Forex-Online.de
' Wrote:If you consider that a <strike>dollar bill's</strike> pound note original purpose was a receipt indicating what gold you owned, the credit card commodity could represent the same.
Corrected that for you, we were there first...

Although, even nowadays, with the exception of a few people, and/or small amounts of money >£100 people use credit cards (Ie. the neural net account)
I dunno. I just passed it off like Star Wars KOTOR with credit chips. That's how I do it when I give people money ingame/person. Just hand them a credit chip. No arguments so far.
' Wrote:If you consider that a <strike>dollar bill's</strike> bits of metal original purpose was a receipt indicating what gold you owned, the credit card commodity could represent the same.

' Wrote:
' Wrote:If you consider that a <strike>dollar bill's</strike> pound note original purpose was a receipt indicating what gold you owned, the credit card commodity could represent the same.

Corrected that for you, we were there first...

Although, even nowadays, with the exception of a few people, and/or small amounts of money >£100 people use credit cards (Ie. the neural net account)

Fixed that for you.