Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Converting from Firefox to Chrome
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey folks, I'm a big fan of Mozilla Firefox, and always have been ever since I learned about it over the idiocies of IE. But Chrome has also been a good browser too, however two things stopped me from jumping ship.

No adblock and no stumbleupon options, in other words, no add-ons. However I've recently learned that Chrome now supports extensions so now I can have AdBlock and StumbleUpon. Not to mention a bit of extra speed.

Just putting it out there, anyone else god opinions on this?
A bit of what? Extra speed? You know, Firefox is faster when you tweak it, then Chrome. I have found this to be very true because I have tested both.

Now Chrome may have Adblock now, and some other extensions, but when you look at the addon gallery of Firefox and compare it to the one with Chrome, you'll notice a big difference. Like I said, there is also the speed and reliability aspect. Thats why I stick with Firefox. Firefox only lacks transparency imo, but then again I'm an eye-candy lover. They did say that it will be added in the new version though, so dunno.
True there are far more customization options, but I don't really need all those things. Some things on Firefox I do like, Chrome I just like better for its base style.
True, Chrome does have that "appeal" look on it. I'm still Firefox all the way just 'cuz of the -massive- customization options.
Why in gods name would I want my Firefox to look like that?
Opera FTW

Opera FTW

EDIT; Double post... Opera FTL
I used to swear by Firefox and wouldn't even look at anything else, but I've started using Chrome over the past couple of months because I prefer it's simple, clean look. Also as you say, adblock and other extensions are available for chrome now (I'm using adblock).

The only negative comment I have is I still frequently run into things online which require Firefox or Internet Explorer to work.
gimme noScript for chrome and ill consider switching
Firefox lacks native 64bit edition, keeps crashing on me while in 32bit emulation.
I previously used nothing but Firefox before upgrading to a MS 64bit operating system.
Pages: 1 2