Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Minor Drama... forum is being odd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's nothing of major seriousness, probably directly linked to how many people are on the forum at the time I'm guessing.

The problem is that the forum is taking a lot of time to come up, as in the browser will be loading for so long it spits the dummy and gives me a message saying that it can't connect (no 'insert number' error) and to have another go.

On 'retry' it normally comes up, probably having stashed a lot of it in the cache before hand.

Note that it is ONLY the Disco GC forum that is doing this.

At the time of this writing, I'd say it's around the 'peak' period for people to be on the forum, therefore it is slow for me.

Earlier today I came to the forum and it came up like I was sitting next to the server, it was that fast.

I'll 'test' a bit and see what happens, should be on about 10-11 am my time (GMT +8 hours Perth/Taipei), then post results here.

Oh yeah, fyi, browser is Firefox (most current version yet), OS is XP (sp3 updated).
It sure is. I've changed a few more things. The forum should be adequate now but I won't know for sure until we pass over the next busy period.
' Wrote:It sure is. I've changed a few more things. The forum should be adequate now but I won't know for sure until we pass over the next busy period.

Well, whatever you did, it seems to have worked... more or less.

The forum still has it's 'stupid' moments, but I'm getting the feeling it involves the 'Freelancer Community Network' dooby that runs along the top, as the forum 'hangs' on loading that from time to time.

Still, it's a *lot* better than no forum at all and it's better than it was. :yahoo:
' Wrote:Still, it's a *lot* better than no forum at all and it's better than it was. :yahoo:
Do not jinx it.

A & L Guy
I take it I shouldn't get paranoid and not back up all my RP stories?
' Wrote:I take it I shouldn't get paranoid and not back up all my RP stories?
"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't after you"
................................................... Joseph Heller

A & L Guy

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not watching you.

In shifts.

Of teams of two.

That change every four hours.