Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery Economy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just finished debugging the Episode 14 commodity file for the third time (only took 8 hours this time), and decided to compare the finished product (more or less) with previous versions.
(I did not subtract the 2 lines of code for each base in the file that are not prices, so these are rough figures).
4.84 : 6,251 prices
4.85 : 8,338 prices (+ 2,087, or + 33%)
4.86 : 15,718 prices (+ 7,380 over 4.85, or + 88%)

The changes in prices from 4.85 to 4.86 will be basically proportional to the difference between 4.84 to 4.85.
But you really ought to download and examine 4.84 if you want to fully understand that. Three excellent comparisons are the best legal routes for MOX, super alloys, and superconductors in 4.84 & 4.85.

Mighty big thanks to Pandora for the great music this weekend.
http://www.pandora.com/#/stations/create/

I suggest that those of you who like to plan trade routes install and become familiar with Personal Brain, if your computer can handle it. You can continue to use the free version when the trial period expires (that's all I've had for the past 2 years and I love it). I will be making a Brain file available for download when Episode 14 is released that may greatly enhance your trade route planning. There will also be a html version available, but I think that's even more unwieldy than the program itself. Plus, the program will allow you to edit, which the html version will not allow.
http://www.thebrain.com/

If I die without ever seeing a 6 digit decimal again, I'll have no regrets.
Speaking on behalf of myself and other veteran players that i know personally predating 4.85:
If I die without ever trading in your created economy system again, I'll have no regrets.
' Wrote:Speaking on behalf of myself and other veteran players that i know personally predating 4.85:
If I die without ever trading in your created economy system again, I'll have no regrets.

Zing.

But, if guns are more worthwhile to trade than I thank you for that.
I just hope that the cardamine prices on GC stations and Kusarian bases reflect the story, then i'm kinda happy.
I love the Brain.

Apparently people love to trade. All is well.

Except that:
Quote:Dear Pandora Visitor,
We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S.
I'm glad to hear the economy is getting such a huge upgrade!

' Wrote:I suggest that those of you who like to plan trade routes install and become familiar with Personal Brain, if your computer can handle it.

Thanks for the tip. The 'web' is quite cluttered right now and sometimes looks broken and unresponsive... but it's an interesting way of visualizing trade routes.
Edit: One commodity is a little more manageable.

' Wrote:I will be making a Brain file available for download when Episode 14 is released that may greatly enhance your trade route planning. There will also be a html version available, but I think that's even more unwieldy than the program itself.

Sounds good, looking forward to it.
Great, now mebe you can give zoners some routes that dont suck?

We cant land on house space anymore, so we need some decent ones.
' Wrote:Great, now mebe you can give zoners some routes that dont suck?

x2

x3

By Zoners you mean your 5k whale, right?
Pages: 1 2