Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Not so wild Wild
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[03:10:16] Akuяa: I wonder why people call Wild 'infected'...
[03:06:44] Akuяa: In mean, they aren't infected
[03:06:51] Akuяa: Cause there is no infection
[03:06:55] Akuяa: And they aren't infested
[03:07:00] Akuяa: Cause that would mean an infestation of sorts

You agree? The Incubi connected to the brain isn't an infestation, or an infection. Anyone else find it an odd reference to the Wild at all?

Discuss, and should we call them something else instead?
in·fec·tion   [in-fek-shuhn]
–noun
an act or fact of infecting; state of being infected.
an infecting with germs of disease, as through the medium of infected insects, air, water, or clothing.
an infecting agency or influence.
an infectious disease: Is this infection very dangerous?
the condition of suffering an infection.
corruption of another's opinions, beliefs, moral principles, etc.; moral contamination.
an influence or impulse passing from one to another and affecting feeling or action.
Grammar . (in Celtic languages) assimilation in which a vowel is influenced by a following vowel or semivowel; umlaut

If the Wilde were 100% human, didn't have anything in or connecting to their brains, were in no way affected by nomads, then you're right, we shouldn't be calling them infected.

Now it is unfortunate that lol-ers and the Wilde are grouped in that same category, but C'est la vie. Perhaps think of some cryer-made drug they're on?
An infection is the detrimental colonization of a host organism by a foreign species.

Human + Nomad = Q_Q

GO WIKIPEDIA.

CASE CLOSED.
That's what they all say.....infected...
' Wrote:An infection is the detrimental colonization of a host organism by a foreign species.

Human + Nomad = Q_Q

GO WIKIPEDIA.

CASE CLOSED.
Dude, you won the thread. And you owe me 50 million like you said you'd pay out every time someone caught you trollin'. That time, good sir, is now.
Alright, I suppose you're right.

Though it's Wild. Wilde refers only to the Rheinland group, the Das Wilde. Wild is the generalised term for infectees.
Or, Infected can still be used, Just how they are infected is different.

Ex: Something (like a bug) inside the wildes head (or attached to the spine) allowing the nomads to 'Mind share' with them, and from there have 100% control over them.

Just an idea.
' Wrote:Alright, I suppose you're right.
Though it's Wild. Wilde refers only to the Rheinland group, the Das Wilde. Wild is the generalised term for infectees.

Many thanks for the clarification Akura. /me was confused at times
' Wrote:Dude, you won the thread. And you owe me 50 million like you said you'd pay out every time someone caught you trollin'. That time, good sir, is now.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...73666&st=60
Having an alien organism inside your body controlling your actions = infested.

Yes, all Nomad related splinter factions can be classified as infested, with the exceptions of willing human servants.

Pages: 1 2