Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Barrel rolling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I know that we got this kinda policy of not using things of other mods because we won't be unique anymore BUT...

Some minor adding wouldn't harm us right?

So I saw this barrel rolling option in an other mod.
It's really easy to get into discovery.
We only need 1 new key to activate barrel rolling outside your cockpit on/off.

So what if could get be added eh?

It could improve fun in combat some more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I figured that this is something else then just changing sounds in the mod for myself
Which is why I ain't going to add it to my freelancer folder.
But if somehow admins wouldn't mind it and let me put it into my folder.

But I suppose the odds are against me.

Anyway would people like to see this in - game?
Those barrel rolls aren't as useful as you might think. Rather focus on strafing, really.
' Wrote:Those barrel rolls aren't as useful as you might think. Rather focus on strafing, really.

I remember me shaking 6 nomie bombers in my orca for quite some time in the BHG order event.
All those nomie snacs just raced right by me.
But I had to keep in my cockpit which limited me from getting shots out.
-.- dude i spent quite some time on ace online...and i swore from then on when i joined disco that if barrel rolling ever became and overspammed tactic...id light the sky on fire

aside from that..no...it aint needed...we got enough to do with strafing
Quote:Those barrel rolls aren't as useful as you might think

Valid point. There is much more better things that work to use out there.
[Image: i8vob5d9wo.jpg]
what he said
Despite the fact that Freelancer ships have no hydraulics on their wings (for obvious reasons), the maneuver in question is actually an Aileron roll, unless you're strafing while performing it.
' Wrote:Despite the fact that Freelancer ships have no hydraulics on their wings (for obvious reasons), the maneuver in question is actually an Aileron roll, unless you're strafing while performing it.

Which is what I do.
Who cares if it isn't that useful to do it or not. Its cool.
Pages: 1 2 3 4