Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: When does the server update?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The topic says it all. When does the server update? You know, replenish all the salvaged ships, etc.
' Wrote:The topic says it all. When does the server update? You know, replenish all the salvaged ships, etc.
At each unscheduled restart (crash) and at each scheduled restart.

If you are looking for the exact times this happens, then the only information you can get is :

Unscheduled restarts happen at random. Sometimes frequently, sometimes infrequently - Depends solely on the amount of beer the admin on duty has consumed. Or I have consumed, before sweeping the floor in the serverroom.

Scheduled restarts happen once every day. As for when they happen, it is sometime between 00:00 AM SMT and 11:00 PM SMT. There is a sirius wide warning transmitted 10 minutes, 5 minutes and 1 minute prior to the scheduled restart.

A & L Guy
Pretty much at some point during the day... normally in the very wee morning hours of GMT. But you have to be careful, since you might miss it - the server now is VERY stable, and almost doesn't even NEED to restart. We've got the downtime on a regular restart down to less than a minute.

EDIT: Ninja'd by a mannequin....
I live on USA (GMT -5:00). Most of the time, server restarts at 2:00 AM - yeh, you have to stay up late if you want those codes:P
' Wrote:Pretty much at some point during the day... normally in the very wee morning hours of GMT. But you have to be careful, since you might miss it - the server now is VERY stable, and almost doesn't even NEED to restart. We've got the downtime on a regular restart down to less than a minute.

Watch it - Who are you calling a mannequin, you bird!!! My microwave oven has a special program for cooking turkeys.. It will work on eagles I am sure.
And ofcourse I can forum ninja you. My ping to the forums are <2 ms.:P

A & L Guy
' Wrote:We've got the downtime on a regular restart down to less than a minute.
Wow. That is insanely impressive.:yahoo:

' Wrote:And ofcourse I can forum ninja you. My ping to the forums are <2 ms.:P
Cheater:P
Wow! Thanks everybody!
' Wrote:Pretty much at some point during the day... normally in the very wee morning hours of GMT. But you have to be careful, since you might miss it - the server now is VERY stable, and almost doesn't even NEED to restart. We've got the downtime on a regular restart down to less than a minute.

it runs epicly good. Can't remember last lag spike. Seems there wasn't any.. atleast at the time I play.
Keep it up people!

About the maintainence restart. Why it is neccesery?
The maintenance restart does three things:
- gives us an opportunity to install o/s updates and other software
- causes wrecks to respawn
- works around the mission bug that causes them to stop working after a while

The restart time generally stays the same but occasionally it is moved to fit around our schedules when installing software and sometimes just for the lulz.
Warning to space travelers we are restarting the server for the lulz! :lol:

I've always wondered why it was never usually at the same time every day...I'd be playing and then think..kay server should be resetting soon..don't do anything till after....then it doesn't come for several hours.:P
Pages: 1 2