Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Download] - Word Encrypter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,

I have been lurking for a bit and thought that you guys could maybe use this little program i put together. The basic idea of it is, you put what you want to say into the box that says "Encrypted Data" and then place a password into the password box and then hit encrypt. The data is then encrypted. Post that in your message dump and the people with the password can decrypt it. So pretty much it'€™s for Private messages that you want all your faction members to see but no one else, and you have no way of getting it all to them in the same area. So to keep it simple use this encryption.

So, here is my idea of how i would use it if i had a faction to run.

I would set up 5 levels of passwords. Each rank is given a pass word and the higher up the ranks you go the more passwords your given for example:

The passwords in order from level 1 to level 5:

1: Igiss
2: MrSns
3: gc
4: Discovery
5: Brotherhood

Quote:Message Title: Tactical Positions
Security Level: Level 5
To: High Command

mvUFqRXOEwVJBvKE7uJPj/VGbt5Gd7AKi6LYaWtnX8op1FgfL7RPLamBgDwZ8rwVgfY4h1QocqNn6Ii+4ayJhdNDdbjbA5f4rg/Z7l40a6ASNq+x4Sg3JM2K8HmPzme2Tyi9qm38OKCxg1+gzt3nzjVXgLGCQnBQlvHy7/ neu5Khwy7tiMkICMqdBCrMYuGJ0+e3PYyubKvRWheDUyThVxDSW2NVcYh8tSG2GnIp63P1Wuly29QCBI
1EMcvfDg8+qIP7520iLCO4r+t5LWJowUyPAKOhujFmEu93T+5Bv3HNIHrdlp/ 44gjoWWYs9v1v85WpSbpIYe00NxiJffv+LOvr4VnONIPDUalWywgruTB2hC8SQ3PQQNtgJ7Mm7SjNIjA
Wc3IG24/ hKgXqpE28Jmk6EsmOp6yX44h6y7qyh1GW5ih2WbsWQkiCXgqPmxtckLZWrGgCTUw2C4NEyXhcKgi47l4
3yTBUS6bBPSjaGkP5bi9V6PfPdoX7NJxN+RruwvQHkt/MgbUL8veT7hWlSghsKnbFrmj4oqvgzRbFlJtxohHEPYHvwfeZazC/KX7arN5ETa5Jv/9P2laPY7DoQA==

Then copy past all of that message and put it into the "Encrypt Data" box. Place the passwords in the password box in the order that they are given and you will get the message.

I hope you all enjoy this application and can use it to your full advantage.

Screenshot
[Image: supercrypter.png]

Virus scann: http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report...4caa-1281431827

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?nb4y9qzy2xat14x

Please leave a comment on what you think!

Best regards,

MrSns!
Google Docs seems an easier solution to this. But I'm not a fan of hiding any in-character talk.
To be honest, it looks a lot like BinHex or base64 or some similar binary-to-text encoding system. Nothing special here, sorry.

PS: Or uuencode, or quoted-printable, or Ascii85, or percent encoding...

EDIT: If my faction needs something like this, I'd code it in PHP and make nice use of SHA-1 so there aren't any downloads and it's nice and secure.
sorry but its my frist program but yeah, i know its not flash n all but i think its good for a first try:P
It's nifty, no doubt, and probably has a cool algorithm to it, and it's certainly experience for larger projects. Kudos for that, as you're learning the steps to larger programming projects. But, I'd use something different, hehe. And I don't see a way to change passwords in it. And if you had it as an option, anyone could change the passwords. Clever hex editing would be the only real way, and one would have to know the PE specification for that (changing strings and having longer lengths is not as easy as changing bytes...)
can you try it anyway and tell me what you think? ^_^
Argh, I need .NET 4.0? *shuffles around looking for a download*

Might wanna see if you can rewrite it using Visual Studio 2008 instead of 2010... .NET 3.5 is better supported.
No rewrite... just compile it using .NET 2.0 (or 3.0)

Nice utility by the way...;)
What about an encryption key? So only the sender and receiver know how to decrypt it. Hmm... creating an algorithm that encrypts and decrypts files based on a specific key/password.;)