Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Mr.Sanguinetti
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A buoy is found floating in the Magellanic system in the barrier cloud not far away from Macton base. It was Rheinlandic in origin and brodcasting a near undetectable subspace signal. One would expect that only experts in communications and electronics could detect its presence... fortunately, the barrier could has a few experts in that department floating around as well.

after being detected by the Lane hackers of Macton, the source of the transmission was investigated.

It was a small ball... on one side, a most sophisticated transmitter, in the center, a hollow capsule. Engraved in the steel of the buoy was but three words: "To Herr Sanguinetti"

Once opened, the inside of the buoy was reviled to be hollow, containing nothing save for a simple sheet of paper. One this paper was three lines of data, a comm code, a direction in which to broadcast, and a time time to do it.

Below these three codes was one simple request.

Herr Sanguinetti,
We have met once before.
I wish to meet once again.
I desire nothing but to parley.

I have left you comms codes and a way to contact me,
I cannot give any more then this for the way I am contacting you is most insecure.
I hope you will respond to my hails,
so that we might talk a little about our 'friends' in Liberty.

// PM me or respond in this channel
Mr Sanguinetti sits in nothingness examining pure floating data while a little dog watches his moves with infinite interest. Suddenly a perfect image of a piece of paper appears infront of him with some glowing notes around it. He grabs it to read, and than turns it to see it anything's written on the other side. The dog jumps to the Hacker's lap and sniffs the sheet, than yaps.

'Hell, a sub-space transmission? With direction and timed response? I feel like in a history-holotain about the 30th century. But I've been addressed as 'Herr Sanguinetti'... The only one called me that is the father of that Nuremberg girl from the time I was having holidays at my aunt... But I'm quite sure that he's happy until I'm far from Rheinland. Who else can this be? All right Pup, get a relay to locate and infiltrate their systems on the Neural, than compose and place an appropriate indirect query template there. And for god's sake, make a clean, untraceable two-way line trough the USI, let's save someone from using bottle-post again.'

...hack.initiated...decryption..in..progress...
...comm.id.mr.sanguinetti.recognized...uploading data...

Good day Mr.

You claim that we met before, also that we have common 'friends'. From those I presume you already know that I can't refuse a nice chatter. To make it sure: Any time mein herr.

That connection is now monitored by a special application what conceals the sent data-packets and only decrypts them on their intended destination. Feel free to use it if you have any mistrust against our diplomatic-channel.

...encryption.in.progress...hack terminated...

'Ahh Pup, you overdone the technobabble again. Where is the obscurity now? And you could have shown more of my Rheinlandish skills, I could even say 'Guten Tag' and such. Let me recheck your cognitive processes.'

The puppy yaps the Hacker around before it explodes to a storm of floating data-strings.